Nurse recomended Dukan diet! Veggie?

poppygirl

Hiya, I have just been to the nurse for my contraception and she asked my weight and I said I was 12 1/2 stone but was 9 1/2 this time last year. I did the cd and lost weight but have since struggled to keep it off. I have dabbled with sw, ww, exante since then. I said I was planning to join ww again tomorrow and she said what about the Dukan diet as it's meant to be one of the best?

That really surprised me so now I am doing a bit of research. I remember reading about this diet last year but remember thinking as a veggie it wouldn't be suitable.

What's the general weight loss on this diet?

Any advice welcome :)

Hello.
I would suggest getting the book, either purchase it or ask if your library has a copy? Im unsure re the veggie side of it, but there are some on here that are veggie (bren is one if you look in the diary section).
It is a very high protein/low carb diet and is VERY strict, But really does work.
Hopefully someone else on here will be able to help more. x

Are you strict veggie no fish?
if so then its probably not the diet for you unless youre happy with eating a lot of tofu and eggs.

We have one veggie poster, Bren (go to our Diary section perhaps and read). It's very hard to find enough variety in the proteins allowed on this diet as a vegetarian.

Back