nutrients...

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by JustForMe, 7 April 2009 Social URL.

1. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    if i eat between 60-75 g of protein a day which atm is the daily reccoomended intake for my weight what other nutrients will i need to take and how much will i need?

i want to keep my calorie output around 1200.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
  4. Foxier

Foxier Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.12%)
    Diet:
    Idiot Proof Diet
    Which method of low carbing are you following, ie Atkins, IPD etc, as they will all tell you how to work out the amounts of protein you eat at each meal.

For instance IPD say that meat/fish portions should be a piece the size of your palm and cheese the size of a regular matchbox.

In a day I might eat:

B 2 hardboiled eggs with celery salt
    L Tuna mayo green salad
    D Pork chop with buttered cabbage and cauli mash, sugar free jelly & cream
    S 2 babybel cheese

I don't count the amounts of protein I eat, instead I eat green leafy veggies with protein as part of the meal.

The amount of protein isn't as important as the carbohydrates and as long as I eat a sensible amount then I don't get hung up on it.

The more I count of the different elements means I am more likely to stop because it becomes too much of a chore.

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I just followed the Atkins rule book and had no problems at all. I did take a multi vit and an omega 3 fish oil tablet, but that was for my joints and I still take it.

That's a good link Suzann, thanks.

6. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    I'm not saying you're wrong but there is some research which shows that the nitrogen released during a high protein diet is minimal. I've read so many contradictory articles that it's hard to know what is right :confused: The main articles which argue this point say that early humans lived on almost 100% animals and therefore a high protein diet is going back to our 'natural ways'.

Sorry if you think i'm being a know it all, i'm not saying i'm right, just that there are a lot of different views out there :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.