Nutrition (boring!)

Already, I think that talking about it on here is really helpful...

Atropos - I'm really sorry to hear about your problems and how interesting if Dukan resolves at least in part some of your issues.

My GP knows I've lost 11 stone on my own in the past, yet when I turned to him last year when I felt I was losing the control again, he simply passed me a photocopy of a version of the Mayo Diet, with two dinners whited out (ie eat no dinner those days). I couldn't believe it. He too is of the "eat less, move more" persuasion.

While I must admit that he's not ENTIRELY wrong in some respects for some people some of the time, my desire to shut myself away from the world with a tonne of food and ingest it without being seen, then hide all the wrappers, is a peculiar past time to seek when the sun is shining, the birds and singing and all is (seemingly) well in my world.

I bought a cognitive therapy book which, for the pages I've managed to read, has raised some helpful subjects and made me think. BUT it also sent me on a binge spiral at the end of last year so I daren't pick it up for now.

I bought a cognitive therapy book which, for the pages I've managed to read, has raised some helpful subjects and made me think. BUT it also sent me on a binge spiral at the end of last year so I daren't pick it up for now.

Wow, Jo. What happened with it?

I think one has to take the risk and open Pandora's box though... suppressing things is how some of us got to heavy weight status, I'm sure!

I agree. It's good to talk and for once I think we need to adopt the US way of therapy being mainstream.

Its made me think about training as a hypnotherapist. We move to Scotland in a few weeks and a friend of mine is doing a course at the end of the year. I might join her. It's good to talk. Some of the things clients told me were awful and I really want them to have someone to talk to.

My GP handed me the Cabbage Diet sheet. I mean, really? How us that any better than the devil he thinks Cambridge is?? Sigh.

Back