Nutritional Value of Hex A & B

jadeelizabeth

becoming a happier, healthier me
I think it's great that you get a hex a and a hex b every day which ensures you get your recommended dairy and fibre however it was only when reading the back of my Low Low Cheese Spread did I get a shock!!
My 60g (hex a) of cheese spread contains nearly 6g of saturated fat! On any other diet I would have stayed clear of anything so high in fat.
Do you look at the nutritional value of your hex a & b choice to decide what you will use them on or do you (like me) just eat them because that's what SW say you can have???

I just eat them and enjoy :) My annual cholesterol test did come back higher than normal for me the other day though, so I'm maybe going to go for more milk than cheese in future to see if that helps.

I never look at the nutrional value but then again i rarely eat cheese or bread since starting SW. I am a creature of habit and tend to use my HEX's for my milk (calcium) and cereal (fibre)

We shouldn't need to look at the nvs of healthy extras as SW have a nutritional Expert that works it all out. If its on the list, it's fine :) that's my view! Why over complicate things :)

I think it's great that you get a hex a and a hex b every day which ensures you get your recommended dairy and fibre however it was only when reading the back of my Low Low Cheese Spread did I get a shock!!
My 60g (hex a) of cheese spread contains nearly 6g of saturated fat! On any other diet I would have stayed clear of anything so high in fat.
Do you look at the nutritional value of your hex a & b choice to decide what you will use them on or do you (like me) just eat them because that's what SW say you can have???

Cheese is high in fat though- if you look at any of the cheeses on the list they will all be similar -thats why we only have a measured amount!

We need some fat in our diet and the benefits of the calcium outweigh the risks :)

Slimming world has been worked out for us, a bit of fat in our diet is good for us, I never look at the nutritional values and if I did it wouldn't put me off, I completely trust in slimming world, its got me to target and also kept me there for over a year now so who am I to question it?

Although I had to ring syns online the other week for our group as they had put the syn values incorrectly on the app and online for some rice cakes from Aldi. They said they were 1 syn, when in fact they were 4!!! I just had a feeling they were wrong, oops, they did apologise though but said that Aldi had told them incorrect values. :(

Although I had to ring syns online the other week for our group as they had put the syn values incorrectly on the app and online for some rice cakes from Aldi. They said they were 1 syn, when in fact they were 4!!! I just had a feeling they were wrong, oops, they did apologise though but said that Aldi had told them incorrect values. :(

The current food directory shows the innocent moussaka, which is now free as being 2.5. At least it's gone the right way!

Back