O/T - breaking bad news

I really dont know what to say( in tears too). She's at peace now.
Hope it goes as well as it can with the boys.
Take care

Thank you all for the fantastic comments and posts yesterday - every one has been read and then re-read and your thoughts and best wishes appreciated very much.

Today seems to be a much better day and the boys have gone to holiday club, subdued a little maybe, but at least they have gone..DS2 didn't want me to leave him and cried a little but I know that he will be fine by now..

DS1 made a beautiful thank you card for the vets last night - so we will take that in early next week when the wounds are not so raw, and thank them personally.

Now they want a puppy .....

I am glad to hear you are all dealing with the loss well. It is a very sad time and I feel for you all. Your sons sound like me - I can't have a dog shaped hole in my life either - I need a furry lump to love. Maybe when the time is right you'll find your next furry lump too.

(((hugs)))

Georgina x

Glad they were ok, these things are never pleasant.

and yes , once they're over it our girls have always wanted to move onto the next pet, tho we have always waited a few weeks/months because i've never wanted them to think that pets are just 'throw away' and easily replaced. Tho i have to admit it was me after our lst cat died, i lasted 4 weeks, the house just didnt feel right without a cat!! Big kid that i am

Anyway, take care my lovely and we are all always here for you

Think your wise not to jump in with another puppy just yet. Give it time and then at least you know your haveing one because you want one and not just to try and replace a dog which will never be replaced.

Back