O/T golden retrievers

xKimmiex

Silver Member
Does anyone have one? I'm really debating to get one lol

We was brought up a a show stud and I loved him soo much he was such a good dog!

Would like someone to either talk ne into it or out lol x

Golden retrievers are lovely family dogs and highly reccomend them but always go for a proper breeder as retrievers can suffer from Hip Dysplasia and make sure there is no history in the parents :)

Hi Kimmie, we had a a gorgeous labrador , but my mum made us wait until I was 11(I am the youngest of 3) so that we could all help exercise him.

He was very loyal, very loving and great fun.....but on occassions he chewed things, vet bills cost a lot when he got older as he got joint problems-as many large breeds do, he needed dog training classes because he was so playful and he needed a dod-sitter when we went away(luckily we always had someone at home as my brothers had stopped coming on holiday with us).

I want a chocolate labby more than anything in the world, but what stops me is that our house is open plan downstairs, so am scared of leather suite being chewed when out. Also Master T may not be up for the long walks/runs it would require(fine when he's at school, just weekends and hols) and we like our weekends away so would have to leave dog in kennels as too big for Mr T's folks....would cost and would feel mean on dog.

Mr T says I can have a small dog, but for me it's labby or nothing and for now, until Mr T is older and I know if I will return to work or not when he's at school I have opted for nothing, just the dream.

Hope that is some help x

Yeah been looking at breeders :) found one who's ***** is due in 4ish weeks. She has had all DNA tests, eye/hips done on all her dogs ect and all kc registered. Comes with 6months insurance ect and are 750 x

Yeah been looking at breeders :) found one who's ***** is due in 4ish weeks. She has had all DNA tests, eye/hips done on all her dogs ect and all kc registered. Comes with 6months insurance ect and are 750 x

I love Retrievers so i'd go for it :) Price isn't too bad for a pedigree either x

Just be forewarned that pedigree dog's sometimes have their issues!

We have a pedigree chocolate labrador (canadian, not US labrador) and he was born with mild acne and has blocked tear ducts in the eyes so they get a little mucky from time to time but the vet said it doesn't affect him in any way, just means this gunky stuff runs down his face from time to time (too much info, sorry!)

They're really mild mannered dogs, get on great with small kids too (the canadian ones are BIG but so gentle), never had him bite anyone and he's all around a big softie.

If you want a nice family dog, i'd definitely go for it.

J

I have a retriever - he's a mummy's boy and absolutely lush however he's also very hairy which gets into everything, slava's alot and enjoy shaking so it hits anything in its path - guests, walls you name it! But would I be without him -no way - he's my boy!!

Back