O/T : Help! Excel sheet password recovery

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by bobbedazzler, 8 January 2010 Social URL.

1. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

I can't remember a password for an excel sheet that I need to open .......Eeeeeek!!

Anyone know of any good, free and trusted password recovery programs??

It was p/word protected in 2007 and Lord knows what was going on in my head at that time! I've tried all the usual suspects and can't open it!

Help!
    Thanks
    Jo x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have spoken to my Oh and he said well it depends on which version of office you used to create the excel sheet.

Let me know and I will try and help you out by picking myOH's brain as IT is his job.

4. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

Ooh fantastic! It was Excel 2000 being run on Windows XP if that helps!?!? Its the password to open the whole document, not just the one for certain locked cells.

Really appreciate it! I've tried a couple of downloads of the web but am really wary about picking up a virus etc etc. So even if your OH could point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

Jo x

5. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

Brilliant, thanks very much, I'll give it a go.

Really appreciate it x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.