Step 1 Sole Source + Ruthlet's Road to being a loser!

Well done ladies! You're doing great!its fab to see! My weigh in is this morning :rolleyes:, who knows?! Xx

Pink Tulip - Congratulations on a 100% week & a cracking WI :happy036: Yay for week 2, BRING IT ON!

Sophiesophs - well done on a 100% week. I hope you WI reflected your awesome commitment :)
I've totally had the goody grumps the last couple of days :badmood:its TOTM & I feel like a moody teenager :grumble: I've stuck it out though & stayed on plan by placating myself with a lovely bath, good movie & a duvet day with my LO today. I think I might come up with some rewards for hitting my goals to help motivate me when I have days like these. Things like a massage, beauty treatment, cinema trip etc You know non-food treats ;)

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but im a CD returner and looking for some motivation and support buddies!?

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but im a CD returner and looking for some motivation and support buddies!?

Hi Forever Amber, feel free to drop by whenever :) When are you starting & what step are you on?

Its been a busy day at work. I forgot to have a shake this morning so have only had the one I took for lunch until just now. I feel absolutely stuffed after only having water most of the day. If I could go to bed now I would *yawn*

Still trucking!

I went out for brunch with friends yesterday. Usually I SS+ with the milk allowance. Yesterday I took the SS+ meal option & had scrambled eggs & mushrooms, I did have a couple of cups of tea with milk too. So all in all I probably ended up somewhere between SS+ & 810 & so still in ketosis! I have to say it felt really empowering to go out & be surrounded by food temptation in one of my top 5 favorite restaurants & come away without giving in :)

Sundays are my WI day at home - Tuesday is my official CD WI. My scales show no loss this week - with TOTM I thought that might happen. Not to worry though, I have followed my plan, am definitely in ketosis & can see I look slimmer around my face, legs & tummy. The scales will catch up eventually!

They will deffo catch up hon, don't worry, I reckon you'll deffo have a loss by Tuesday! I'm totm too, booooo but this diet seems to be playing havoc with it...in the six weeks I've been on the diet I've had totm three times!! Totally sucks! You're doing really well tho and yes it is empowering when others are eating around you, I find that when hubs and children are having a Burger King or at the cinema yest I only had my bar whilst hubs had a hot dog! X

Hey Ruthlet, how was WI? I can't believe that I have stuck to the plan for 2 weeks now. I had a 3lb loss this week, which I am happy about. Still 100% and still going strong! Bring on week 3! x

2 weeks done!

Official WI last night was 1 & 1\2 lbs off :cool: Given my home WI was "null point" I was thrilled with that! Like I said above, I know the scales will catch up eventually.

Thanks for checking in on me & jollying me on ladies :hug99:

Sophiesophs - Congratulations on sticking to plan in the face of BK & cinema snacks. Talk about iron willpower :character00115: TOTM fortnightly though :eek: I was like that when I had the contraceptive implant fitted, oddly once it was removed & I went back on the minipill I've had no problems. Thankfully CWP hasn't had an effect........so far!

Pink Tulip - 2 100% weeks & another 3lbs off is fantastic :talk017:
You must be thrilled :)

So here's to week 3 :whacky068:

Hey-ho well that's day 18 done and dusted.

Tomorrow is my unofficial home WI & the end of the 100% 2 week challenge. I had set myself a mini-goal of 5lbs off in the 2 week challenge. The scales STS last week so who knows what they'll show tomorrow........ Whether or not I reach the mini-goal or not has got me thinking though. If I do, by some miracle, weigh in 5lbs less than 2 weeks ago, what will it mean to me? & If I don't reach the target I have set, does it mean I am a failure? Whatever the scales say, I've just done 2 weeks on plan with no indiscretions. Surely that is the important thing?

I think the point I am trying to make here is that regardless of what the scales show, I need to measure my success by the effort I have put in rather than how quickly my weight drops. I am in control of whether or not I stick to my plan, I am not in control of how my body reacts. While my weight as per the scales remains an important measure of my overall progress I think I am going to refrain from setting goals which involve losing X-amount of lbs in a fixed period.

So, ahead of tomorrows WI I thought I would share some of my non-scale positive results from the last few weeks:
- I feel so energised & balanced. I no longer feel like I need a nap every afternoon post-lunch.
- I am sleeping much better. I fall asleep much more easily & don't wake through the night as much.
- I don't feel bloated all the time.
- The dark circles around my eyes are fading.
- I am not so out of breath when climbing stairs.
- I had started to develop a bit of a double chin/wattle which is now gone!

So while it would be nice to see a 5lb loss in the morning, its not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. I am going to drop this weight!

Those are wise words Ruthlet. The scales can be mean little monkeys sometimes, but I hope even if the loss is not what you hoped this week, it will catch up next week.

You've only failed if you give up. Until that point, you may not have succeeded YET, but you haven't failed.

I am loving your attitude to it. Just keep swimming! :)

Hey Ruthlet,

How have you been doing? Hope you are still going stong! -3lb for me this week, which means I've lost my first stone...yay!:) I am finding the weight is definitely coming off much slower this time round, but think it is because I might have less to lose than last time round? Still, I'm impatient and want it all gone yesterday....lol! 1 off and 2 more to go until my holiday. Hoping I can lose 2 more stone in 8 weeks, but if not at least get as close to goal as I can. I have been 100% for 3 weeks now. Still can't believe it! Hope you are well! x

Hiya diary & lovely peeps that visit me here!

Still trucking...... My home weigh in on Sunday morning was 2lb off. I know it seems a bit paltry compared to other peoples losses but it is another step in the right direction ;). And as I posted previously I have noticed lots of other positive changes in my body which all keep me motivated - I can pull my jeans down without undoing them now :D

Plan-wise I am kind of between SS+ & 810. When I came back to Cambridge I thought I would look to SS+ all the way with milk, however, I really do find it better for me to include the SS+ meal. But that means giving up my milk :cry: I'm having my three shakes a day with a SS+ sized meal plus milk for my tea/coffee. Most days I get nowhere near the 810 milk allowance & am still in ketosis. I feel much more balanced mentally & emotionally with this compromise. I know it means my weight loss will not be as rapid but I am honestly OK with that - this is a journey for me, not a race.

No official WI for me last night as my CDC is on holiday. I could have weighed at home, but her scales read differently to mine & I have enforced a no weigh til Sunday policy this week! I am a dreadful daily weigher :eek: & it is a habit I am trying to break.

Auburn Ashes - thank you for the encouragement. Success will be mine!

Pink Tulip - YAY for your stone :party0049:that is so awesome. I remember my losses slowing down the closer I got to goal the first time around. With your 100% effort I'm sure the lbs will keep flying off so you are super-svelte in time for your holiday :p

I am having a 'doing' day today - I'm on holiday & small is at preschool so I have a rather large list to see to. So I best get off here & get to it.

Keep on trucking my friends :gen126:

Congrats on your 2lb loss and for also sticking with it! I am also doing SS+ but with a bit of skimmed milk. Not quite enough to be 810, so I'm still classing it as SS+. I also do gym twice a week and burn approx 600 cals a week, so I don't think the bit of skimmed milk a day is making much difference. I am also a daily weigher! But at least it keeps me on the straight and narrow:p

I have two social events in July (within a week of each other!:eek:) which I can't get out of, so worrying about that already! Both are at restaurants and both restaurants do not offer grilled chicken! I don't like fish so that's a no no. I'm thinking of having 2 products only with steak and salad on those days. Hopefully that will keep my carbs within ketosis level and I'll be OK! Already stressing!:rolleyes:

Good luck for the rest of the week! x

Thanks Pink Tulip :)

Bummer about your outings being unhelpful in the food options. If you stick to plain steak & green salad you should stay in ketosis :cool:

I have felt under the weather since yesterday. My daughter has a cold & I think I have it too, but it has manifested as a sore throat instead.
Usually I'd drink lots of hot ribena, have the odd spoonful of honey &/or throat sweets alongside ibuprofen. Of course most of my coping strategies are totally out of the question which in addition to a painful ulcer on the tip of my tongur, has totally given me the foodie grumps!

I'm embracing the foodie grumps though. Sorting through how I'm feeling, identifying the cause & taking steps to rectify the situation instead of smothering my feelings down with food........trying to anyway ;)

I am going to take a walk in a while to get some fresh air - hopefully it'll blow my grumps away!

Well I survived my grumpy mood yesterday. I didn't manage to stay on plan, however, my naughtiness was restricted to non-carbs :eek:. I had a SS+ size meal, the 810 milk allowance & my three packs, though 2 of those were bars :whoopass: then on top of that I had 8 black olives in brine, 2 pickled gherkins & a babybel cheese. OK its not great I went off plan, but it could have been worse - what I really wanted was a cheese & marmite sandwich! At least by sticking with ketogenic foods I am still in ketosis. For anyone reading this, I am not advocating 'cheating' is OK, but yesterday it was better for me to deviate a little as opposed to falling completely off the wagon!

So, today is a new day & its going to be 100%! I'm still a bit under the weather, but staying dosed up with paracetamol & I'm caffeinated which is keeping me on an even keel. I've just had my first shake & am off into the city for some child-free retail therapy & daytime cinema trip with my hubby. I've got my water, bar & willpower ;)

I have no idea why the font size has changed half way above & no matter what I do it won't change :rolleyes:

Oooh, the things I crave at the moment are olives, pickles, chillies and cheese. Excellent snackage! :D

I would kill for a sandwich too, which is weird as I never especially liked them before. I very nearly ate rice yesterday too, but somehow managed to put the leftovers in the bin not my mouth. I have never had self-restraint before, so even very reluctant self-restraint is an improvement! I just keep telling myself it's temporary, and once I reach target, I can make sensible decisions to have the things I crave within healthy, balanced diet. Not all at once, and every day! :eek:

You are doing so well. I am bad for weighing myself every day too, but to be honest, it doesn't affect how well I stick to the diet that day, and I know weight fluctuates, so I look at the overall trend, not just that day's figure. Which makes weighing daily rather pointless I guess! But I still do it. :)

WI day....... 4lb off!!!!! YEE-FLIPPING-HAH!!!!!!

So I have stayed off the scales all week until my home WI this morning. After a STS for week 2 and a -2lb for week 3 I have been hoping and praying the scales will catch up and they have :party0049: 4lb off :party0049:

I am mucho mucho happy :D

I am off to the cinema with my hubby and small this morning to watch Muppets Most Wanted - We have been waiting for the movie to come to our local cinema kids club as the tickets are only 99p each :cool: Hubby often takes small while I am at work on a Saturday, they spend 1.98 on getting in and £2 on juice & snacks from Poundland which makes it so much more affordable! In comparison, Hubby and I went to see 22 Jump Street on Friday at full price. The 2 tickets and a coke for hubby came to £19 :eek: !!! A proper grown-up cinema visit was so much fun though. I had a litre bottle of water and nibbled on my bar as we watched, I didn't miss the popcorn at all. My hubby has cut out fizzy drinks and sweets at home in an effort to try and lose a bit of weight too, but he had a full fat coke as a treat and was raving about how amazing it was, so much so I had a teeny tiny sip to see for myself........... it was so disgusting, really syrupy and the flavour was horrid :spit:Once I am at goal and maintaining I think I am going to stay away from fizzy drinks/juice etc, I find I drink them at the expense of water which is no good for my body, but we'll see how that pans out huh ;)

Auburn Ashes - Food straight into the bin :0clapper:bravo my friend, that is rock solid willpower! I read a book called 'Beyond Chocolate' a few years ago, one of the issues they address is how many of us overeat as we don't want to waste food by putting it in the bin. But of course by eating it we are treating our bodies like a dustbin - they have a mantra of 'I am not a dustbin' which is great most of the time, but it turns out that aswell as not wanting to waste food I am just plain greedy :eek:

Right best I get dressed ready for the cinema!

That sounds like an interesting book. I often wonder how I am going to keep the weight off once I am no longer doing CWP, and the answer is probably that I will always need to keep an eye on my weight and my eating habits, but the more I understand *why* I have the bad habits, the more likely I am to beat them.

Wow, 4lbs, fantastic!! You're whizzing through your goals!

I've been drinking the odd Coke Zero since being on CWP. I never really drank much Coke before...so that'll be another habit to kick afterwards, haha! I used to only like full-fat Coke, but my son had some a couple of weeks ago, and you're right, it's actually quite unpleasant and syrupy.

Have fun at the cinema!

Just sticking my head in to say it's my 4 week-a-versary today :cool:

I went to the zoo y.day with hubby & small - our last holiday hurrah before I go back to work tomorrow, boo! Usually we end up spending a fortune on food & snacks, but y.day we took a packed lunch for hubby & small, a bar for me & 3 litres of water. We only paid to get in & for a couple of coffee's, awesome.

I am really starting to notice my loss more now. My boobs have started to shrink & my ample love handles are looking a little less ample ;) Yesterday I put my jeans on without undoing the buttons & zip! Plus I've started to want to move more, and by that, yes, I am referring to.......EXERCISE :shocked:

I am seeing my cdc tonight for the first time in a fortnight, hopefully she'll be happy with my progress, I know I am :)

Keep on trucking folks!

Back