• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

O/T How the hell do I get this out????

kellymundy

Gold Member
S: 20st9.5lb G: 10st0lb
Ok just stripped the beds and washed the sheets only to find when I pulled my daughters lovely new white duvet cover out it is covered in hot pink felt tip pen which has now transfered itself onto several other bits of the duvet (lucky she's spending the night at a friends I would have killed her by now)!:eek::eek::eek:
Do any of you wise folk know how to get out felt tip pen???

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Camille

Silver Member
S: 20st7lb C: 17st6lb G: 15st7lb Loss: 3st1lb(14.98%)
OOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
No sorry but have to say GOOD LUCK!!!! xx

skinikki

Silver Member
Try soaking in vanish then washing with an extra scoop of vanish as well as your washing powder. Good luck

skinikki

Silver Member
You could but might make it go slightly yellow. Try it on a small patch first and see what happens!

Mrs B

Silver Member
S: 24st1.7lb C: 23st1.1lb BMI: 53.8 Loss: 1st0.6lb(4.32%)
You get stain devils stuff for pen. I think bleach might make it yellow. If its cotton and all else fails - dye it.

kellymundy

Gold Member
I originally tried washing up liquid (seems to work on most things!) and it did fade it quite a bit. I've now chucked it back in after trying vanish, so I'll have to wait and see the result...watch this space!:sigh:

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
how did you get on with the duvet kelly?

missyd

Gold Member
S: 13st0lb G: 11st6lb
I'm actually wondering if bleach is the quickest way to do it. What do you think?
bleach is fine as long as it just white i use it on whites all the time

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(11.42%)
Use milton :) You need to time it perfectly though because you need to watch it fade or else it turns EVRYTHING blue :)

kellymundy

Gold Member
It's faded quite a bit (vanished it then washed it 3 time!!!) but it's still really obvious. The only bleach I have at the moment is coloured green so I'm going to have to wait until the morning and go down the road and get some normal bleach.
Bloody kids!!!:mad: