O/T Mammograms

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
Mammograms
Many women are afraid of their first mammogram, but there is no need to worry. By taking a few minutes each day for a week preceding the exam and doing the following exercises, you will be totally prepared for the test and best of all, you can do these simple exercises right in and around your home.

EXERCISE ONE:

Open your refrigerator door and insert one breast in door. Shut the door as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure.

Hold that position for five seconds. Repeat again in case the first time wasn't effective enough.

EXERCISE TWO:

Visit your garage at 3AM when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect. Take off all your clothes and lie comfortably on the floor with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car. Ask a friend to slowly back the car up until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled. Turn over and repeat with the other breast.

EXERCISE THREE:

Freeze two metal bookends overnight. Strip to the waist. Invite a stranger into the room. Press the bookends against one of your breasts.

Smash the bookends together as hard as you can. Set up an appointment with the stranger to meet next year and do it again.

LOL, very good - I had my first mammogram a few weeks ago, if only I'd read this first! Worst bit is the stranger bit for me, makes me really self conscious.

i don't care bout getting my boobs out but i didn't know it hurt , does it like really really hurt and when do you get your first one

I've got very large boobs and I didn't find that it hurt at all, it's a bit uncomfortable but it didn't hurt. Everyone is different though and maybe each time is different. You usually have your first one when you are 50 unless, like e, you have any worries that need to be checked out before that.

i remember my mum saying it hurt when she had hers done, but i never realised how much until i read that ouch

sure puts you off if you dont like pain
karen

It's not that bad, I think this is scaremongering and irisponsible of suepat to post such rubbish. I've had 2 mammograms and it's been ok both times. Please don't let this put you off going for one.

it definately doesn't hurt. It is uncomfortable as you are putting parts of your anatomy into positions they don't normally go in. And it is over with in a couple of minutes too. Have had it done 3 times now.

Definately nothing to worry about

Irene x

I DON'T THINK SUEPAT MEANT TO SCARE ANYONE xxx i'm not worried if i don't have to go till i'm 50 ,my mum had a couple of lumps in her early thirties though had to get em removed i think that means i'm prone to them i check em all the time just don't fancy having em squished lol i thought you just laid em on god the stuff we have to do aren smears enough ) tuts v loudly ( haha

Back