O/T Pain below my shoulder blade...

Caz

Repeat Offender
Tonight I've got a sudden pain below my right shoulder blade. Really quite hurts. No idea why though! I haven't been to the gym today, or done anything to pull a muscle or anything. So don't have a clue why it's hurting. But it really is. Any advice on what I can do?

I know this may sound mad, but it may be trapped wind. Honestly. When I had an op recently they warned me that pain below my shoulder blade would be caused by that. You may need to fart! :D

Ha no I don't think it's that!

Try a couple of gentle shoulder rotations in each direction. also, try and put a heat pack/hot water bottle on it for ten minutes, if that doesn't help, try a bag of frozen peas instead. If it still hurts in a few days see the doc - it could be anything from a pulled muscle to a trapped nerve. Hope you feel better. X

trapped wind was my first thought too......
specially as you have just had a change in your diet...

Nope, def isn't trapped wind. Is my right shoulder blade.

Oddly I'm exactly the same today! I've put it down to doing lots of gardening today (I've a couple of days off work...)

Kelly is right, Pain under your shoulder blade is a classic symptom of Gallstones..... it's called 'referred pain' because there aren't many nerves around your gall bladder it ends up feeling like it's under your shoulderblade.

You're a bit young for Gallstones,(you don't look fair, fat and forty!) but VLCDs can sometimes 'expose' them so it's worth a trip to the docs if it persists or gets worse!

Don't have any useful info for you but just wanted to say hope it gets better soon hun x

Kelly is right, Pain under your shoulder blade is a classic symptom of Gallstones..... it's called 'referred pain' because there aren't many nerves around your gall bladder it ends up feeling like it's under your shoulderblade.

You're a bit young for Gallstones,(you don't look fair, fat and forty!) but VLCDs can sometimes 'expose' them so it's worth a trip to the docs if it persists or gets worse!
I had them last year....I was 28!!!:rolleyes:

Is much better today! Is a bit tender to touch, and get the odd twinge if I move, but doesn't hurt just sitting here. So is fine I think!

I forgot to add, thank you guys!!!

Hun I'd still get it checked out. If it is gallstones you may not have to have any treatment for it but it's good to know if that's what the problem is.

Ok, I take it back, it's still hurting!

I agree, get it checked out, just to be on the safe side. X

Surely I'd have other symptoms as well though?

Back