o/t pig cold

princessria

is a pirate arrrgggghhhh
oh great two people at work have confirmed swine flu and we have the central air on all day one of them was only in yesterday , i really want to go home now or at the very least spray febreeze on everything:mad:

Oh no! That's not good....hopefully you'll have a good immune system chick. Do you all have to be tested or something or is it a case of carry on regardless?

((Hugs))

just carry on regardless were getting catagorised as to whether we are important enought o have to stay if things get really bad , i can work from home thankfully but it is a bit of a bugger my boss reckons he has it too. were dropping like flies i don't think there too badly but there is alot of pregnant people here and not everyone has been told which i think is a bit mean.

LOL! Will febreeze kill it?! *confused*

I'm sure you'll be ok Ria *hugs* but if you do get it, don't worry too much. Like you say, it's a cold, and that's not too bad for most of us. At least doctors and hospitals are on the ball with it should anyone get it and become quite poorly with it.
I would quite like to get it to be over and done with it to be honest. They reckon it's going to expand rapidly over the next couple of weeks.

were dropping like flies i don't think there too badly but there is alot of pregnant people here and not everyone has been told which i think is a bit mean.

:eek: Why haven't they told everyone? Esp the preggers people?!

Everyone should be told, especially the pregnant ones as the advice is for them to contact GP's (only know coz child at daughters school has it and we got an official letter home!) For most people it's fairly mild usually.

Make sure you keep washing your hands, get a bacterial hand spray and keep it with you at all times so that you can use it when you can't wash your hands, take care now. X

Actually, it's not a cold at all - it's flu and that's a whole different ball game.
Atm the symptoms for most people are fairly mild but for the elderly, pregnant and already ill folks it can be deadly (as seen by the fact that 17 people have died from it so far).
I'm concerned for my elderly parents, I have to be honest.

calling it pig cold was trying to make light of it to be honest it's confirmed swine flu they have, and i'm not sure why they haven told everyone we all had an email regarding what to do but it hasn't been made common knowledge yet has to go through the right channels, it has a death rate of something like 0.4% so don't panic it's just because it is a new type of influenza that it can be quite unpredictable so if the elderly and pregnant catch it there giving them anti virals immediately. most people SHOULD be ok if they catch it but who knows it's set to get really bad come autumn think as above i would like to get it out the way now while there are hospital bads if there needed.

oh great now someone else has it, were dropping like flies arggghhhh if idisappear for a few weeks you all know why now

Back