o/t sending food abroad

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
I was just wondering does anyone know about what you are allowed to send abroad food wise, i want to send sis in law some homemade tablet, she is in syndey australia, but don't want to get into trouble . are you allowed to send sweets. Plus my oh's aunt is in santa barbara and he wants to send over some chocolate and stuff for her as she can't get it over there. Does anyone know anything about this?

There are restrictions, but my family in America send me stuff all the time with no problems. The only thing I'd say about chocolate is send it during the colder months because it is WAY hotter over there during the summer than it is over here and she'll end up with a box full of mush if you send it then!

Australia is VERY funny about things coming into the country and therefore probably harder to just send stuff to. My friend moved there and couldn't even bring his guitar with him because it was made of wood and therefore may have been harbouring foreign pests. They are well strict over there!

Hi...I've sent chocolate to my brother who's in the states and never had a problem....though it works out pretty expensive.....sometimes more than the choc is worth but its nice to treat him!!
I don't know about oz though...sorry....

Back