O/T Swimming World

Scarlet Daisy

Hungry For Life
I've lost count of the number of times I've told someone I go to "Swimming World". It's like I have a mental block that won't let me say the name right.

What can't you say properly, or get right?

Oh dear, that is funny!
I don't struggle with anything really, but I do say things wrongly just because...

Like binocliars (binoculars) and worserer and betterer and others I can't remember off the top of my head.
I don't know why I do it, but I do think it's funny when people correct me!!

Do you know I read 'swimming' as 'slimming' thinking what I don't get this post, it wasn't til I'd re-read it I got it right...oh dear!

I thought this was going to be a thread about a new scheme that your local leisure centre has started up!!!
I had elocution lessons when I moved from South Wales to London when I was a children's Nanny. I still have problems saying sauce pan rather than sospan (welsh phonetic) and February is another one!

Anaesthetist! Always had bother with it.

Do you know I read 'swimming' as 'slimming' thinking what I don't get this post, it wasn't til I'd re-read it I got it right...oh dear!
I just did the same thing it's a bit like the piece that states " cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! "

brightonrosie, that was so mad i totally understood your post lol:D

Back