O/T What do you think of the design?

Do you like the designs?

• No, I don't like them or they're not suitable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Caz

Repeat Offender
I mentioned doing a charity ball, pretty sure it's going ahead now, I think! Just been working on poster and ticket design, thought I'd post them up here. What do you guys think? Like them? Think they're ok?

All feedback welcome!!

Attachments

• poster-small.jpg
    poster-small.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Ticket.jpg
    Ticket.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
looks fab.. keep up the good work

they look great! are you fundraising for any reason? .. poster and ticket looks FAB! :)

Vx

Well I wanted to organise an event, for the experience as it's what I do at uni and what I want to do. I love the idea of a ball personally, so thought it was a good choice. But I had a pretty personal reason for choosing Cancer Research specifically.

In 2000 my grandmother died of cancer, she had a tumour on the base of her spine, and the cancer spread. It was all very quick, 4 weeks from start to finish. So I know first hand how cancer devastates the lives of not only sufferers, but of those around them and that’s why I wanted to raise funds for Cancer Research. If I can do just a little bit to help, then I’ll be happy, that's how I see it.

I initially set my target as £1000, which is enough to fund 4 microarrays which scientists use to compare how active different genes are in cancer cells and healthy cells. I’m thinking about changing my target to £2500 which to give you an idea of how it can help is half the cost of running a three week large scale clinical trial testing whether a drug called celecoxib can help to prevent bladder cancer from returning after treatment. As you can probably tell, it’s something that’s actually quite important to me, so I really want to do this well.

I'd be happy with £1000, but if I can get £2500, even better! I'm going to try and find some corporate sponsors for the event to cover some of the costs and so increase how much goes to Cancer Research.

I might set myself a challenge. That over the next year I want to raise £5800 for Cancer Research, which is the total cost of that 3 week trial. So I'll do the ball. Maybe another event aimed at students at uni. A sponsored... skydive or something. God, I couldn't do that. But something, I don't know. I just want as few people to have to go through it as possible.

Such a worthwhile cause. Well done for doing this!

Tickets and poster look great, just one thing though, it doesn't really stand out that the charity is Cancer Research...

No I realised that, I've added in a big logo saying in aid of cancer research but realised that I didn't resave the jpeg files, so it's not showing on the poster that I uploaded, but I have added it!

Good work, well done xx

Thanks guys, glad you like them!

I've got to change them a bit now as I think my venue is changing to Aston Villa Football Club who have offered me free use of one of their beautiful newly refurbished suites! And I think their catering is slightly cheaper. So just confirming some things with them first. It's getting exciting now!

Back