O/T worried about my hubby

need2shrink

well its a really long story but basically, 3 yrs ago my hubby had his appendix out but it went wrong and he was in hosp for close to 6 months.. hes now still on tramadol, gabepentin, diclofenac and lidacane patches as well as good old paracetomol. for nerve damage and he has trouble with his bowels.
this has got worse and worse over time, and altough lately hes started to loose weight with me hes just going down hill.. thismorning he looked yellow, had bags over his eyes and had had a terrible night.. so i made a docs appt for him and hes not long got back.. the doc wants him back in the morning where hes sending him to the hosp strait away.. the last time this happened he got kept in for 2 months and really wasnt better when he got out, hes petrified hes gonna get kept in again as it was hell last time and he doesnt wanna be wacked of his head on morphine like he felt last time. im petfified as we really support and rely on each other.
sorry theres no real reason for this apart from me to get this off my chest. sorry
**** mum / emma if u read this david doesnt want anyone to know till after tomorrow so ill call u then dont call or mention it on face book till then********
thanks for listening nic x:cry:

Hi Nic,
You poor love, you sound really worried, as is to be expected. The main thing is that he has seen a Dr and that they are doing something about it. I know he doesn't want to be hospitalised but he has to do what is best for his health in the long run. If he does end up in hospital then it might be hard because as you say you rely on one another and support one another and it's not nice to feel on your own but you can do this and I am sure you have friends and family around too! Remember you have us too, we might not be round the corner, we're better than that, we are here all of the time :)
I hope that all goes well tomorrow, let us know xxx

hope it goes well for him xxx

Its good to get it off your chest, good luck tomorrow hope all goes well.

Fingers and toes crossed.

thanks alot, a little support goes along way to me.. what ll happen will happen, and if he needs to be there he needs to be there, we know this but hes going back into the care of the people whos catalogue of errors have left him this way.. (anyone from liverpool will know how bad the royal is) its frustrating, but we need to stay positive hopefully they will come up with an at home solution to things! thanks for all your well wishes ill let u know how we get on
nic x

I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts... So sorry to hear of your worries. Must be so difficult to try and stay positive for the kids whilst worrying your head off about your hubby. (((( hug ))))

Hi
Thinking of you both today - I am from Liverpool so know what you are saying about the Royal. Could your GP refer him to another hospital?
It is hard for you both but you both know he needs to get checked out properly.
Keep positive.
Irene

Oh Nic, my heart goes out to you! But he must go into hospital and get to the bottom of this. Perhaps you could request that he sees another consultant? My thoughts are with you :hug99:

Hi Nic

Sorry you are going through all this worry, your oh must be worried sick, however if he has to go to hosp then it is the best place for him. Hope everything gets sorted out and will be thinking of you both. Let us know how it goes love xxx

oh hunny, thats not good, all my best wishes go to you both : ( mwa xxx let us know how he gets on xx

I'm so sorry to her about your hubby's problem. As a nurse I know that sometimes things can go wrong. It's not common (or at least at NGH it's not, don't know about Liverpool), but it must be devistating when it happens. (I'm not making light of the situation, or sticking up for the NHS)
As someone else has mentioned, you could either ask to see another consultant, or get your GP to refer to another hospital, it doesn't even have to be in Liverpool, if you can travel.
I understand your fear "he's going back into the hands of the people who caused the problem". But unfortunately these people, or others else where are the only ones who can sort it out.
Good luck for tomorrow, my thoughts are with you, keep us informed.:hug99:

I'm so sorry to her about your hubby's problem. As a nurse I know that sometimes things can go wrong. It's not common (or at least at NGH it's not, don't know about Liverpool), but it must be devistating when it happens. (I'm not making light of the situation, or sticking up for the NHS)
As someone else has mentioned, you could either ask to see another consultant, or get your GP to refer to another hospital, it doesn't even have to be in Liverpool, if you can travel.
I understand your fear "he's going back into the hands of the people who caused the problem". But unfortunately these people, or others else where are the only ones who can sort it out.
Good luck for tomorrow, my thoughts are with you, keep us informed.:hug99:

do u know what , i know your so right.. its not even the peoples fault, it happened, bad things happen to people its the way of the world.. atleast hes still here to moan about it hey!

well im home but hes not, its been a fun filled day at the royal, as far as i know now after being told he couldnt bring his own meds in so he didnt the hospital has no tramadol or gabepentin! (which im sure is just the ward but the nurse is insisting that theres no way she can get them in a hospital with a 24 hr pharmacy! go figure, i even offered to bring his ones from home but hes not allowed to take them while i hosp.!) hes been nil by mouth for over 24hrs, no water either so hes had a canula? (sp?) thingy put i his arm for a drip but no drip and there thretening him with morphine.. so hes not a happy bunny, also has had an abdominal xray but they now are sending him for a chest xray.. reading between the lines i think they are preparing him for surgery, dunno what for but he got phnemonia last time from the anesthetic so its the only reason why i thing they may be doing a chest xray and keeping him nil by mouth.. but no ones telling us anything and about an hour ago he was ready to sign himself out and come home!! luckily hes stayed in but its the not knowing thats bugging me.. ah well sorry for bending everyones ear, thank you so much for all the support and positive vibes!! we will get through this and be fine ..

on a more positive note still went to be weighed and lost 3lbs..:D which the bear with a sore head was pleased about as he made me go! a big i told u so from him, put a little smirk on his face !

thanks again girls :eek:

lost of love nic x

Hello Nic

Well done on your weight loss and well done for staying strong for your hubby and your children.. that bit is the hardest... I was where you are a few years ago now, my hubby wasn't too well at that time and it's like juggling the world in your hands, keeping everyone happy and normal with hospital visits and home life... Keep smiling, you're doing good girl!! Everyone is here for you if you need a chat, a cry or just a good old moan.

Huni...I am so sorry that I havent read your post until now and at the start was so worried for you and the family.
Now it sounds that Hubby is in the right place, to the point of making you go to class (good for him!) and well done you!!!!
You are still in my thoughts and I hope that Hubby gets home real soon.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xxx

I'm thinking about you Hun. And may I just say what beautiful children you have. Please let us know what's going on, we're all here for you.:gen126:

Back