oat bran

foodjunkie10

Silver Member
Hi i've been to morrisons today and they didn't have any oatbran they did however have mornflake oatmeal is this the same thing it was next to the wheatbran? Thanks in advance :)

No sorry oat bran isnt the same as oatmeal, no idea what the difference is, it looks the same to me lol, but I asked this question when I started and got told no.

The oatbran is the outer bit of the cereal that is usually discarded (I think, unless anyone knows otherwise).

If you can't find it in the supermarket, any health shop will have it. If you don't have easy access, you'll get it on Ebay.

(Wish I could get oatmeal here - keep it in the cupboard for when you get to conso and make stuffing for your roast chicken - yum, or for when you're having mince).

Thanks i googled it last night its the outer bit like you said which is the husk apparently its great for fibre and lowering cholesterol. Mmmmm stuffing please send your recipe. Do you not know anyone that could send you some across if not i'd gladly do it. I can get it from my local tesco but i ordered some from holland and barrett last night whilst ordering my multi vits they have got some good offers on at the minute my vits and psyllium husks were half price. Bargain :)

Thanks i googled it last night its the outer bit like you said which is the husk apparently its great for fibre and lowering cholesterol. Mmmmm stuffing please send your recipe. Do you not know anyone that could send you some across if not i'd gladly do it. I can get it from my local tesco but i ordered some from holland and barrett last night whilst ordering my multi vits they have got some good offers on at the minute my vits and psyllium husks were half price. Bargain :)

Thanks for offering to send some over to me, that's very kind of you. I generally get some when I'm over in the UK so do have a little. Probably best for the weight-loss that I don't have a ready supply in the supermarket (google 'skirlie recipe' for the stuffing - only for conso and beyond though!)

Take it you like it then lol. Have yet to try it but hope i do like it as i've just ordered 4 bags lol looking forward to trying vid gallettes though.

i prefer my oatbran made into sweet muffin's i graze on these during the day with a cup of tea yum !!!!!!!!!!!

No i don't think they are hun they do make an oat bran i ordered mine from holland and barret last night they had the cheapest p and p i could find.

it will be in dukan recipe's but this is wot i make :

DUKAN MUFFIN'S makes 12

this is for 2 days

4 tbsp oatbran
3 tbsp wheatbran
2 tbsp sweetener
4 tbsp fromage frais
1 vanilla/toffee yog muller light
2 tbsp mixed spice
tip of tsp baking powder optional has tolerated food
4 eggs mix the yolks in with the stuff above and mix together whisk whites until stiff and mix into the mixture rapily

spoon into silicone muffin trays

200 c for 20 mins

hth

Last edited:
I do love my oatbran and I have to weigh up how I am going to use it every day - I could use my allowance up about 5 times over!

Well Manda there are worse things to get addicted to :)...

I'm the same I love oatbran :)...even when I was off the wagon I still had it for breakfast every day x

hehe :) I have been up to my armpits in polystyrene and wood :)...sorting through the outbuildings to get rid of some stuff....

thought it best to do it between rainy spells x

Back