Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

oat/scan bran query

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by captaincuddles, 23 November 2009 Social URL.

1. captaincuddles

captaincuddles Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    sw
    hi, aparently I was supposed to have an oat/scan bran with my breakfast, but do not know what this is. I have looked on both asda and tesco websites and cannot find anything taht matches. Please can anyone help? Thanks, Suzanne :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    They are small pieces of cardboard which are sold at SW classes or Holland & Barrett.

4. ohtobeslinky

ohtobeslinky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(7.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Orlistat
    They are vile wastes of a HE! Oh and you get them from your class.

5. captaincuddles

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Thanks, is there an alternative to make up my hexb? I had puffed wheat this am and was supposed to have 2. Would a ryvita be ok do you think? Thanks

6. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It would be better than nothing I'm guessing. Fibre REALLY helps you lose weight so the more the better. The first week I ate scan bran I lost 3lbs!!!

7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

2 scan bran is 1 syn so if you have a ryvita then that will be 1.5 syns so you'll be over. The ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads are 1 syn so that would make it right I guess.

The scan bran is on there to make the puffed wheat HEX have enough fibre to qualify, on it's own it isn't high enough so isn't a HEX.

Same for porridge for example, you need a scan bran to up the fibre to make it HEX.

Do you go to group? You get 10 scan bran in a pack for a pound.

It is up to you though, a lot of people don't bother with the extra scan/ryvita quoted in the book but it's worth having, even as a mid morning snack!

8. captaincuddles

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Thanks for all your answers. Not in group til weds so it's a bit long to wait for breakfast :D but will get some then for next time. Have decided to have the ryvita and syn the extra 0.5, hope that works out ok, thanks

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.