oat/scan bran query

captaincuddles

hi, aparently I was supposed to have an oat/scan bran with my breakfast, but do not know what this is. I have looked on both asda and tesco websites and cannot find anything taht matches. Please can anyone help? Thanks, Suzanne :confused:

They are small pieces of cardboard which are sold at SW classes or Holland & Barrett.

They are vile wastes of a HE! Oh and you get them from your class.

Thanks, is there an alternative to make up my hexb? I had puffed wheat this am and was supposed to have 2. Would a ryvita be ok do you think? Thanks

It would be better than nothing I'm guessing. Fibre REALLY helps you lose weight so the more the better. The first week I ate scan bran I lost 3lbs!!!

2 scan bran is 1 syn so if you have a ryvita then that will be 1.5 syns so you'll be over. The ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads are 1 syn so that would make it right I guess.

The scan bran is on there to make the puffed wheat HEX have enough fibre to qualify, on it's own it isn't high enough so isn't a HEX.

Same for porridge for example, you need a scan bran to up the fibre to make it HEX.

Do you go to group? You get 10 scan bran in a pack for a pound.

It is up to you though, a lot of people don't bother with the extra scan/ryvita quoted in the book but it's worth having, even as a mid morning snack!

Thanks for all your answers. Not in group til weds so it's a bit long to wait for breakfast :D but will get some then for next time. Have decided to have the ryvita and syn the extra 0.5, hope that works out ok, thanks

Back