Attack Oatbran porridge

Rednicola

Silver Member
What's a nice foolproof recipe for the porridge ???? I fancy it tonight before bed x

What's a nice foolproof recipe for the porridge ???? I fancy it tonight before bed x

I normally put two tbs of oatbran into a bowl, cover with water, mix and zap for a minute or so, stir, zap again until thicker and add a splash of milk at the end along with some sweetener and vanilla essence.

It is a bit of trial and error with porridge in the microwave depending on wattage it is.

Give it a go, you only have 2 tbs of oatbran that will go to waste if it goes belly up as you add the other stuff once it's finished cooking.

;)

Last edited:
Thank you ....I'll let you know how I get on x

Ok I'll stay close x thanks for that does it make a good amount as 2tbsp doesn't look a lot ???

Hi, I just pour boiling water over mine, let it soak a bit, then give it a quick blast in microwave and for the final touch stir in a fat free Actimel..specially good for breakfast and getting 'things' moving if you know what I mean...

O that'll do me then x thanks for your help x

i use 2tbsp oatbran, 1tbsp sweetener, drop of vanilla or pinch of cinnamon or whatever else you fancy LOL skimmed milk micro for 30 secs, stir anouther 30 secs, stir... let sit for 1 min then another 30 secs in micro... adding more milk if ness along the way

My method is similar - blitz your 2 tablesp with some water, a pinch salt and skim milk in a bowl for 1 min, stir and then a further 30 secs to finish. Sprinkle with sweetener and a further splash of milk. Voila! Regular porridge! You'll figure out your own method depending on your microwave and your tastes. But it's pretty damn good! 

It is Zoe your right but I'm not being overly strict with the oatbran as going back to attack after falling off the Dukan wagon so if I stay on track better having the 2 then it's better than chocolate !!!!

I think I'm the only one to make it on the stove! Same ingredients :) It doesn't make much but I've been eating it for breakfast since the start and never get hungry before midday.

Yum yum yum. I have just had this for my breakfast and it was delicious! Tastes like Oats So Simple but I know it's not full of sugar and what not. ?

willbefabulousat26 said:
I think I'm the only one to make it on the stove! Same ingredients :) It doesn't make much but I've been eating it for breakfast since the start and never get hungry before midday.

I'm lazy you see and the least pots the better !!!!!! Really enjoyed it last night x

Back