Oats so simple pirridge

Kyliegirl

Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me. I know that porridge is a healthy B choice and im guessing the syrup version is not included, so i did a bit of working out and i just need to see if im on the right tack!

Plain porridge is 5 and the syrup one is 6.5. So can i use the porride as a healthy b but call it 1.5 syns to include the syrup?

I am not a SW member as i am a wheelchair user and cannot stand on normal scales, so i get weighed at a local NHS Unit that has sit on scales and friends and family help me with the rest, so i do not have all the books.

Thanks so much xx

Hiya Kyliegirl - technically your maths can't be questioned but I think you'll find that all of the flavoured porridge has to be syn'd - 1 syn for every 20 cals.

You can make a free flavoured porridge - plain old oats with a favourite free yogurt mixed in to cool it down & make it nice & creamy at the same time. My current favourite is using one of the greek style coconut mullers (so 1/2 syn rather than free) or the Shape vanilla with sprinkles (1 syn)

Back