oats so simple

I'm always hungry, I have the toffee bar when I get up and then have the sultana bran but will try the oats so simple but I know I'll be starving again in an hour!

You could have a banana for the same points as a bar,that would fill you up for longer.
Also how much water are you drinking??
I have a pint of water at breki as well.
xx

Mmm, I'm not a fruit person but I know I need to change my ways. I like to chew on a biscuit on a morning so got the bars. Could put the banana on my sultana bran though couldn't I?

You got me there, I never drink enough and I never drink water! I did manage some at lunch time but I don't drink enough of anything during the day. I'm so dippy, finding it really hard to have food to fill up on and keep in my points IF I can manage to work out how many points things are anyway.

Hey sue just wanted to comment on your fruit thing-I am not a fruit person either but have recently started making a huge bowl of fruit salad for my afternoon snack. Its delish and the most difficult part is peeling the fruit lol anyway, just thought I would mention it as I am on my 5 a day buzz and this is the only way I can eat fruit!

Hi Karen, I don't dislike fruit I suppose, I will eat bananas and grapes and have started eating bit of apple when I do them for the kids I mind, I just had a choice before and it was the biscuits everytime, I've thrown loads of fruit away cos it's gone off. How do you do it, make a bowl full? It's a whole new world to me which is stupid, I have to retrain myself lol not to go near that biscuit tin! I didn't think of putting a banana or some fruit on porridge or cereal and yet I KNOW loads of people do it - just that I never have. :) I'm having fresh orange in my vodka instead of coke, does that count as one serving??? :eek:

I just make a huge container of chopped melon, apple, pear, orange, tinned pineapple (cos I cant stand chopping that!) and leave it in the fridge covered up until I want it, normally lasts a couple of days cos my daughter eats it as well. If I want to add banana I wait to chop that in when I am about to have it otherwise it goes all icky!

IN fairness, I used to throw out piles of fruit and have only started doing this recently and I believe the water content is doing me good as well!

Thanks Karen, It's a great idea but I think it will sit in my fridge untouched. I will give it a go though, I've never really eaten fruit apart from the occasional banana and grapes. I will have a go. If you've not been a fruit eater but you're having it now, I can do it!! lol Oh, love strawberries, forgot about those!!

well I'm on a tight budget at the minute so I refuse to let it go untouched lol I would NEVER sit there and munch an apple or orange or anything, but this I can do!

Same goes for veg, when I realise its on its way out theres a big pot of soup on my cooker!

Yep, it's criminal to let things go off in these times isn't it. I will give that a go cos I never really sit and eat an apple as you say but I might if it's in a bowl. I only had some apple today cos I gave the kids some. I don't mind veg but I USED to have it swimming in butter!!! Can't do that anymore. Same with jacket potato but now I put low fat philly cheese on it. No idea of portions, just throw a lump on!!!

I love Oats so simple. I have one virtually every morning :) and it is filling! I have the syrup one with ss milk for 3 points :)

Me too. Absolutely love it. Plain with water but with 0% greek yogurt (feel like I have posted that about a million times recently!)

Sue, if you can't get rid of the biscuits - put them somewhere you can't easily get at them - then pick away on fruit all day and do remember to drink water or whatever drink you like (low cal of course!)

Apparently, we eat often when we are actually thirsty - so have a drink first then eat something if you still feel like it.

You will get the hang of this - ask you class leader to spend some one to one time with you going through various things just to make sure you are clear about it.

If you look at other people's food diaries you will get ideas too for what to have. xx

Thanks LRO, I've still got the biscuits in the same place but haven't had once since Monday! I'm rather proud of myself lol. I have got some Tesco poppy and sesame seed thins but threw the packet out so haven't eathen those either cos I don't know the points. I had the WW toffee bar when I got up with a cup of tea and I've just had 60g sultana bran with s.s milk. I know I will be hungry again in about 10 mins :sigh: I forget to drink cos I never do drink much during the day so I must remember to. Is Tesco peach flavoured slightly sparking not good???

I'll go and have a look round - I'm supposed to be working but I'm a bit addicted to all this :confused:

Sue

Sugar is 0.5 g? Per 250ml. I'm so gormless!!! Is that ok cos I just swig it out of the bottle.

I am having a bit of a problem finding old posts and I'm sorry, I have asked before, is 60g sultana bran and some s.s. milk 5 points??? The cals for 30g are 157 so I doubled it for 60g and the sat fat is 1.4 - so I doubled that too.

Sue x

Back