Extra Easy Oats

FionaMcd

Gold Member
Please help. I bought oats for the pancakes and I didn't like them. I could taste the egg which is a no no but hub and baby loved them!! I like oats but have only ever had the packet ones where you put milk in them. So how do you cook oats with water?? I'm not really as dumb as I sound lol just I grew up in Africa and we had a cook so all this making own meals is new to me :) x

FionaMcd said:
Please help. I bought oats for the pancakes and I didn't like them. I could taste the egg which is a no no but hub and baby loved them!! I like oats but have only ever had the packet ones where you put milk in them. So how do you cook oats with water?? I'm not really as dumb as I sound lol just I grew up in Africa and we had a cook so all this making own meals is new to me :) x

I use cup measures. 1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cups water (you can use 1/3 milk & 1/3 water) and then cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Once it's cooked I add fat free plain yogurt to make it creamy and berries. It uses a hex b and is good in EE. If you use milk you need to syn it or use some of your hex a.

Back