OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Hi Vicki - i get married on 15 Oct in the UK!!! i wonder who will have the best weather (haha!) You are the closest bride to my date so far!!! I still have 4 stone to go - dont think i will get there for my wedding :(

Been thinking about this myself EB... with 5 stone to go I might not make it before my wedding next year...! Its taken my nearly a year to lose 2 stone... I guess as long as we stick to plan and do our best, wherever weight/size we are on the big day we will be at our lowest and happiest... can always do it all again in 10 years!!! xxxxx

Been thinking about this myself EB... with 5 stone to go I might not make it before my wedding next year...! Its taken my nearly a year to lose 2 stone... I guess as long as we stick to plan and do our best, wherever weight/size we are on the big day we will be at our lowest and happiest... can always do it all again in 10 years!!! xxxxx
Wise words mancbird. I don't think I'll reach my target either, even though I have less to lose... as long as I am as close as possible. No more getting distracted! :p

Hi ellebear
Have you found going to the gym boosts your losses x

well i lost 3lbs this week and had visited it twice - so i think it does help - but getting the food diary and planning 100% meals and stuff is the main success area in my opinion.:cool:
x

Well done EB I lost 3lb too this week. Ive started drinking green tea, its the only thing I've done differently.

I'm officially joining you now!! Renewing vows April 28th 2012, day after our 10 year wedding anniversay and on our 14 year anniversay of meeting.

I'm so excited lol It's not a big affair though, we're actually renewing at the registry office, and then taking close family out for a meal at a local pub which has a private dining area upstairs so we can decorate it. Its more about what the day symbolises. I did the big white wedding the first time round, and I don't really want a 'second wedding'. I will be wearing white or pink though, and priobably a short(ish) wedding/bridesmaid dress.

Well done EB I lost 3lb too this week. Ive started drinking green tea, its the only thing I've done differently.

I'm officially joining you now!! Renewing vows April 28th 2012, day after our 10 year wedding anniversay and on our 14 year anniversay of meeting.

I'm so excited lol It's not a big affair though, we're actually renewing at the registry office, and then taking close family out for a meal at a local pub which has a private dining area upstairs so we can decorate it. Its more about what the day symbolises. I did the big white wedding the first time round, and I don't really want a 'second wedding'. I will be wearing white or pink though, and priobably a short(ish) wedding/bridesmaid dress.

Sounds great :)

wow its Wedding Fayre season isnt it? so many going on at Hotels at the moment - anyone love them? hate them?

x

wow its Wedding Fayre season isnt it? so many going on at Hotels at the moment - anyone love them? hate them?

x

I've never been to one! Going to our first on the 27th Feb at our venue, so will get an idea of how I feel about them then!

H2B is excited cos one of his mates told him there may be women in bridal underwear in the fashion show... oh dear!

Hi guys
How's everyone doing? Unfortunatley, I dropped seriously off plan last week when my grandma died unexpectedly on Tuesday :( But I am back on again as of yesterday (although the funeral is Wednesday so that might be a bit of a weird one..)

I had a letter on Friday to say my dress is ready at the shop for first fitting :eek: I am so not ready for that.

I've also changed my target to 10st from 9st. I think, at this point in time, the 9st target is unachievable and it was just depressing me. So I'm aiming for 10st now, and if I get any under that then that's a bonus :)

Oh, and today I am intending to make some serious headway on putting my invites together. I wanted them out by now but last week was a bit of a dead loss..

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your Grandma, hope you are ok (as ok as you can be when something like this happens) xxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear of your loss Laura. But I hope you are feeling a bit better this week now.

Good idea about the change of target, you may surprise yourself!

I've had a bit of a blip and have put on half a stone, i think i didn't really get back on plan after Christmas, so really need to fond my focus again now!!

I'm considering buying a second outfit to wear later on in the evening. We're having a barn dance and I think it will be quite tricky and very sweaty to try to join in barn dance in my frock!! anyone else thought of this?? H2B says he wants to change out of his morning suit too, so would seem to make sense. Have been looking on the site i got bridesmaids dresses from and have found a lovely dress ofr £70

Classic Short Bridesmaid Dress Style NB2182 - Jim Hjelm - Landy Bridal

Will probably go for a cream/champagne colour. :O)

Very pretty, and should be very light and easy to wear. I am definitely sticking to the same dress, as mine is technically a beach wedding dress and is really light and doesn't have lots of underskirting etc so I shoudl be ok :)

Went to a bridal fayre with my fella today - was really busy, and managed to get 3 appointments - 2 more florists and a guy who makes wedding rings.

I also spoke to a bridal gown lady and tried on some tiaras - i think i now know which ones i like....so that really helps me to plan my hair and such like!!!! Feel like i am getting somewhere!

I did make the lady have a funny turn though - she said,' have you chosen your dress' and i said 'no' and she then said, 'have you tried any on?' and i said 'no' again - then she asked when my wedding was. I said 'Oct' and she nearly fainted - 'THIS YEAR???' - me 'yes.....!!!' She said i should really hurry up! haha!

x

Everyone's very quiet aren't they?? Got signed up for House of Fraser Wedding list yesterday :O)

hi guys
i've been lurking but not felt like posting still a bit :(
babefromabove- i have added you to the member list :) Do you have an exact date yet?

I picked my wedding dress up on Monday and it fits, which is a good. Shame they had to order a size 16 to fit my boobs :p Hoping to loose a few more pounds though- hopefully will need taking in a little bit. Fitting will be 6 weeks before the wedding :)

Back