OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

I know, at the moment I'm making suggestions to my two adult bridesmaids and letting them choose :O)

can i join in here too?

being bridesmaid for my friend, wedding is 27th May 2011.

we have an appointment in 3 weeks to see what sizes to order, the dresses are already picked and are gorge! i cant wait to try the pretty dress on again lol

brides-i would like to order a smaller size than whatever fits me at the min as im obviously not at target but hope to be by then. Would you freak out if your bridesmaid wanted a smaller dress ordered than what fitted at the time? i have at least another 3st to go. I dont want to suggest it to her in case she freaks out, but also dont want the dress to have to be taken in too much that it would lose its shape, but obviously its better to be able to take it in than for it to be too small!

opinions please!

Hi Ninnins

I can't answer your question about how brides would feel about you ordering a smaller dress as we're not having any.

How exciting though - I've never been a bridesmaid. Getting to look lovely without any of the emotional highs and lows - bliss!!

2lb ON for me. Oooops!

can i join in here too?

brides-i would like to order a smaller size than whatever fits me at the min as im obviously not at target but hope to be by then. Would you freak out if your bridesmaid wanted a smaller dress ordered than what fitted at the time? i have at least another 3st to go. I dont want to suggest it to her in case she freaks out, but also dont want the dress to have to be taken in too much that it would lose its shape, but obviously its better to be able to take it in than for it to be too small!

opinions please!

If you were my bridesmaid I would defintiely agree to get a dress a few sizes smaller, you've done so well with your weight-loss and what better incentive for you than a dress to slim into, don't be afraid, just show her all your awards and she should trust you :D

i think if you can show how far you have come, and how many dress sizes you have lost, then it shouldnt be a problem to order the dress in a smaller size.

I suppose a way round it would be to explain if you DONT lose the weight - you would buy yourself another dress in a bigger size (which is clearly not going to happen!) but it gives her 'insurance' that you are serious about losing weight - and there is no risk to her dress budget!!!!

xxxx

thanks guys!

she knows how much ive lost-she is my weigh in buddy and running partner.

i wonder how many sizes smaller i will be now than when we chose the dresses! i will have to find a link for our dresses for you lot to ooh and ahh over

i tend to lose a dress size each stone i lose - so maybe base it on that theory? so if you are planning on losing 3 stone, order 3 sizes smaller.

However, be very careful as the sizes are sometimes very strange - it might be best to go and speak to the woman about it - and then set yourself a measurement target, rather than a 'size' target!?#
x

yeah the dress sizes are up the left!

ROMANTICA BRIDESMAIDS COLLECTION

this is the dresses she has picked for us-its the one on the right, diff colour though and she has got us brooches for on the knot of the bow which really set it off and give it a wow factor

Hi Ninnins, Have you thought about going half way? ie, getting a dress 1 or two sizes smaller so as not to put yourself under too much pressure and then when you get it altered (and taken inm, naturally!) it will fit like a glove? you've done so well so far so I'm sure you'll be looking fabulous but perhaps best to err on the side of caution with regard to what size to get? good luck and we'd love to see pictures!! :)

i will ask when we are in and see what they recommend. i *think* she said they can be taken in 2 sizes without altering the look

Wow, they're lovely. What colour is she having them? (Apologies if you have said - I think i have my eyes in the wrong way this morning as they don't seem to be working too good!)

Didn't manage my Pilates last night as H2B phoned and by the time I got off the phone it was bedtime!! Will do it tonight!!

Am going to mums meeting today, there's always cake, must resist!!

:D

resist cake - imagine the person making it didnt wash their hands whilst they baked the cake.

Or dropped it on the floor!!! X

Back