OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Hi Ellebear - yeah I guess that I am kinda organised - have lots sorted bar the band which I am havin difficulty with and I have found the dress of my dreams I think only I need to shift bout 3 stone to look amazing in it! It was the trying on of dresses that really spurred me to catch myself on as many of the dresses I tried in bridal shops did not even zip.... was very deflating!! But it was the motivation that i needed to catch myself on!
So exciting about getting rings made - such a personal touch.
Will defi keep in touch here lots i think!

Hi All
God I've really lost my way..
As you know before Christmas I was at target, but over the last few months, I've put on half a stone and I just don't seem to be able to get back on the wagon.
It doesn't help that H2B keeps making food for me that isn't strictly SW.

Help, how can I find motivation to stick to the plan. I know I should be cos of the wedding , but i just seem to over eat all the time and not GOOD things!!!!!

:(

Hi gang - tried on bridal gowns today - OMG the first shop was terrible, but the second was awesome.

Have a lot to think about and need to go shopping again soon - have to get the dress sorted out :) hehe!

x

I'm off for my fitting on Friday carnt wait. How come the first shop was awful ellebear? The women in the shop where I am getting my dress are horrible but I have paid the deposit on my dress now so there is nothing I can do about it :(

the first shop they were getting out size 10 wedding dresses which had no way of fitting my current size 16/18 frame.....so i was like :( when they were just leaving them gaping open at the back. Plus she didnt help or offer any advice, so i was like.....'wtf am i doing here' and had a sad face.

The second shop was awesome - she said as soon as she saw me, whats your dream dress like - and then 'i have 2 dresses that i think you would look fab in' - i tried both on and she was right, but the second one suited me better. She put shoes on me, a tiara and a veil....it all looked fabulous (my MOH cried when she saw me!!!) cos i had no pegs anymore, and i was all laced up (and had a nice waist!!! hehe) and it was all awesome.

Hoorah!!!!!

Hope you have fun at your fitting Vicki xxxx

Glad you had one good dress shopping experience ellebear :) One shopping was getting me into size 8 dresses when I am more like a 14 (or 16 in wedding dress sizes- why are they bigger?! Stupid!)

you didnt cry at 'the one' though - hehe! x

Have you found 'the one' then hun? I'm not even trying on dresses until I get to target but we're not getting married until Sep '12, so got a while yet! xxx

think so Dumps......i will know when i see it again if that makes any sense....but i cant stop thinking about it....and it is awesome.

LOL! x

think so Dumps......i will know when i see it again if that makes any sense....but i cant stop thinking about it....and it is awesome.

LOL! x

EEK! How exciting!! xxx

Ellebear glad you got the dress sorted - how the rings go? did you choose a style? I am not going back to try dresses until july so hopefully the experience will be better than the past visits in Feb!

Hi newbie here - bride to be on 25th June this year (16 weeks to go OMG!) Joined SW in new year having tried my gown on over Christmas and being appalled by the shelf which was my boobies held up by all the inbuilt scaffloding within said gown :p

I have been doing EE, wasnt too bothered about the actual weight loss just wanted to look better but have become slightly obsessional about syns etc and have developed an unhealthy (!) addiction to Mini Babybels Light (of course).

I have also been doing 30 Day Shred started about a week after I started SW and have so far lost 13lbs but a massive 26 inches from my body, still dont look like Jillian Michaels though :mad: I dont want to overdo it as I love my dress and it fits really nice now, but I think it could be altered very easily as its fairly plain.

I shall spend some time reading the rest of the thread but its nice to 'meet' you all

Rachel

Ellebear glad you got the dress sorted - how the rings go? did you choose a style? I am not going back to try dresses until july so hopefully the experience will be better than the past visits in Feb!

Hiya Clare - ringmaker didnt show up :(( booo hooo. Got to chase him up to come and see us!!!

I am off to the National Wedding Show again tomorrow so hope to get some contacts there :)

x:D

Team OBG, I think I may have found 'the dress' - is that possible given that I've not tried any on yet (waiting until I'm at target until I do) and haven't really looked at dresses yet either! Saw one at a bridal fayre today and it was just beautiful, exactly what I imagined my dress to look like! It's given me a real boost to get to target so I can try it on and know for definite! xxx

Team OBG, I think I may have found 'the dress' - is that possible given that I've not tried any on yet (waiting until I'm at target until I do) and haven't really looked at dresses yet either! Saw one at a bridal fayre today and it was just beautiful, exactly what I imagined my dress to look like! It's given me a real boost to get to target so I can try it on and know for definite! xxx

I think that until you try it on you wont know Dumps!!! :)

I thought i wanted a Tulle skirt and a sweeping middle, but as it goes my dream dress is not like this at all :(

You need to try it on now!!!!! :) dont leave it as long as i did!

x

Back