OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

News just in - I have ordered my Wedding dress and the shop advised me i need it in a size 12!!!

OMFG!!!! I might be just a little bit excited.

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooo!

Oh and its by a designer called Maggie Sottero and thats all i am saying!!! :)

xxxx

mine is Maggie Sottero too :) And I could have had a size 12 too if it wasn't for my silly boobs :( Darn my GG cups :mad: Had to order size 16.. grrr.

I've started scoping out some dresses too this week, although not trying any on yet, no point with 16 months still to go!

I really like Alfred Angelo, Benjamin Roberts and Romantica, its so so exciting!

EB you sound well on your way with everything!

xxxxxx

MB - you need to try on now - i WISH someone had told me that from the start. You then can work out what style you want and get an idea for all the themes that run through the wedding.

Seriously - get shopping babe!!! xxx

Hey ladies may i join - im 5mths away and have 16lbs to lose
Already have my dress - pronovias - my beautiful dress needs to wait a little longer so get woren lol
Ellebear - I LOVE LOVE MS dresses - i nearly went with there lace one but then fell in the love with the dress i have now
MancBride - i agree go shopping if not for anything else its fun and gets you all hype up

Oh should say my date 19.8.11

I knew it was going to be a Maggie when i tried my first one on - my Girlies all gasped, they just somehow give you this WAIST!!!! and i mean....a wonderful waist. I have now got a different Maggie, but i tried about 10 different ones on, from Taffetta to Tuille - lace, to flowers, froofie to fishtail! you name it, i tried it on!

I absolutly love my dress....cant believe i have to wait until August - but i need to lose another 2 stone by then!!! (no pressure) and i am currently doing 1lb a week which should have me approx 22lbs lighter by then (if the plan continues - which is HAS to!!!) so i am happy about that.

I am currently doing the 30 day shred and hitting the gym like mad. No excuses, this weight HAS to go.....or the most expensive dress I have ever had wont fit. Stupid not to get cracking with the weight loss really?

x

defo hun - i ordered 30 day shred so shall be following you all soon in this challenge

August will be here before you know it - i had to wait 11mths to see mine - it will be worth the wait

EB you are going to do this - I have total belief in you! Keep going, you've inspired me to shred and many others, we are all in this together.

Just picture that dress! You are going to look so beautiful! xxxxx

Hey ladies may i join - im 5mths away and have 16lbs to lose
Already have my dress - pronovias - my beautiful dress needs to wait a little longer so get woren lol
Ellebear - I LOVE LOVE MS dresses - i nearly went with there lace one but then fell in the love with the dress i have now
MancBride - i agree go shopping if not for anything else its fun and gets you all hype up

Oh should say my date 19.8.11

Welcome and well done on the loss so far! xxxxx

Hi girls. Please can I join in? I'm getting married here in France in August and need some advice about a dress. The wedding is a really informal civil service at the mairie (town hall) followed by a meal with just close family. Now it's not going to be suited and booted affair, as it's not the way we do things, but I do want my dress to be special but without being too "bridey" if you know what I mean?

I'm a real hour glass shape and love 1950's style dresses - think Vivienne of Holloway. I'm not what you'd call conventional when it comes to colour. I'm even tempted to go red!
Do you think something like this would feel "special" enough without being too over the top?
50s Halterneck Floral Dress | 1950s Dresses from Vivien of Holloway

Hi girls. Please can I join in? I'm getting married here in France in August and need some advice about a dress. The wedding is a really informal civil service at the mairie (town hall) followed by a meal with just close family. Now it's not going to be suited and booted affair, as it's not the way we do things, but I do want my dress to be special but without being too "bridey" if you know what I mean?

I'm a real hour glass shape and love 1950's style dresses - think Vivienne of Holloway. I'm not what you'd call conventional when it comes to colour. I'm even tempted to go red!
Do you think something like this would feel "special" enough without being too over the top?
50s Halterneck Floral Dress | 1950s Dresses from Vivien of Holloway

Hi and welcome!

Thats a beautiful dress for an informal service, amazing!

I'm also a big fan of 50s style, have you checked out Pin-Up Parade as well?

xxxxxxxxx

hi guys! :) really excited- we set up our gift list at the weekend at this site: Marriage gift list- which lets you pull in things from any website (and people can go to the shops and buy it too and save on postage :) ) and last night I clicked on the 'what's been bought' button expecting it not to say anything and someone has bought us a kettle, toaster and 2 pans already. I'm not excited about the gifts... just that the website is working properly :D

Hi Girls

I have my dress fitting tomorrow arrggghhhhh carnt believe it has come round so fast im going to try on another couple of dresses to be sure that the one i have chose is the right one :)
Hope all your plans are coming together xx

My 30 day shred has just arrived and I've signed up for Race for Life (after not running since last August due to bad health). 18 weeks until my wedding and 20lb to shift. All I have left to do is pay for the hog roast and print the invites and order flowergirl dressess (doing in a couple of weeks as daren't order them too soon incase they have a growth spurt!) Oh better go and see the registrar with the paperwork! Note to self book appointment on Monday!

Hi Ladies
Tried my dress on again today and have finally ordered it :) and im sure it will arrive before i know it its a veromia gown and i absolutley love it :)

Hello :)

Hope you don't mind me joining? I feel like I have ages and ages til my wedding, 6th May 2012! I wanted to get the majority of my weight off before I did the dress shopping, I think I'm trying to put it off because I'm terrified of how I'll look :( I did make my first wedding-y purchase today though :) Paper Mill were closing down and I got 120 pearlised ivory cards with envelopes and 150 ivory bows for £20! So thats my evening invites sorted :) x x

welcome new brides to be!!! :)

I have been off plan for a while, and now i am back with a refocus!!! :)

Watch out world....im getting smaller! x

welcome new brides to be!!! :)

I have been off plan for a while, and now i am back with a refocus!!! :)

Watch out world....im getting smaller! x

I'm back with you hunny! After getting the job on Thursday it's been non-stop wine and food celebrations!!! We've agreed on our reception venue today so I am on this like a demon now, oh and my DVD has arrived so starting that tomorrow and getting to target!!!

Welcome to all the new B2Bs xxx

Back