OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

Only me! Just wanted to push this fab thread into the 1000s!! xxx

Ooh, I never saw this thread before.. I'm a bride to be too.. am getting married in November.
I have to admit, I am not exactly losing weght for the wedding, more I'm losing weight and having a wedding. But it was super exciting when I tried on a sample dress in November and it didn't close and was all pinned to my bra.. then I had to get measured a couple of weeks ago for them to make mine and the same sample dress was way to big for me!!!

Ooh, I never saw this thread before.. I'm a bride to be too.. am getting married in November.
I have to admit, I am not exactly losing weght for the wedding, more I'm losing weight and having a wedding. But it was super exciting when I tried on a sample dress in November and it didn't close and was all pinned to my bra.. then I had to get measured a couple of weeks ago for them to make mine and the same sample dress was way to big for me!!!

Congrats!!! what date do you get married (i am an October bride!) and wow what a result with your dress.

xxx

Hello! In new to SW - first WI is in a couple of hours!

I started on Cambridge at the beginning of January - and have lost 50lbs so far. I always planned to use SW principles to help me maintain any loss - but after a 'funny' turn last week - I started SW A LOT earlier than planned!

Enjoyed my first full week eating!

First WI today. In expecting a gain - as Ive moved from 3milkshakes a day to real food! Fingers crossed I'll start losing from next week!

I am hoping to lose the majority of my weight this year, so I can focus on maintaining next year. I really want to reduce ny weight for life - not just for the wedding. Just hoping the wedding is the big push of motivation I have been trying to find for the last 10years!!!!!

I am getting married December 2012! (so quite early to be thinking about it!) I'll catch up with the thread later on today - any other winter brides?

So far venue and photographer are booked. Now 100% focussed on losing weight before I embark on the bit I am most terrified of........trying on dresses! AAAGGGGHHH!!!

Not at all early. I am getting married 10 November 2012 already have my dress shoes am making my invites this week flowers sorted. Everything is done!!
The dress I got because I want to lose the weight to fit into it. I need to lose around 4inches from my back so going on that I think 4 stone!! But I want that off by this November so I can enjoy trying on more dresses!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congrats!!! what date do you get married (i am an October bride!) and wow what a result with your dress.

xxx

I'm getting married on 10th November. I am super excited about it!!

jayellekay, don't wait to go try on the dresses.. It can be fun.. and then more fun when you go back and the dress fits better/is too big. just make sure if you do find "the" dress that they don't take your measurements until around this time next year... no point wasting all that material :)

Well I came back from my honeymoon on Friday and back to work today :(. Our wedding day was fantastic and the honeymoon the best ever. Good luck with all the planning everyone. It will be worth it in the end xxx

All systems go for us this week, we have had make up trial, hair trial and our dresses were collected after being adjusted. Mine needs a little bit more taken in at the bust so will need to get that done this week coming. Not long to go now!

Unfortunately the brides dad had a bad stroke this week and we dont know if he will be able to make the wedding. His consultant has said if he works hard with physios etc he may be able to get out for the ceremony. Cant get much more motivation than that! Her brother is now going to walk her down the aisle/give her away and a new usher has been recruited. Fingers crossed he is allowed out

Hey Ninnins - fab progress!

I am sort of stuck at the 5 months to go point - so just waiting on the invites to come, then i need to send/give those out.

Then suit shopping for the MrBear, and bridesmaid measurements for me.

Ooh and menu and wine tasting next month!

All go :)

x

im available for the menu and wine tasting if Mr Bear isnt!

feel very organised today! booked hair for cut and colour, eyelash extensions, mani and pedi for me and the other bridesmaid including sourcing her a false toenail since hers has just fallen off lol

Come on brides - where are you all hiding???

I cant believe mine is under 5 months now!!! argh!

Chased up the stationers today - where are my invites? haha! xxx

Hi everybody! I know I've been MIA for a while but I've had so much going on! One week today, I can't believe it! I don't even know how much I'll be able to get back on before but I will pop back with pics after the honeymoon. hope you're all doing well
xxx

I've been hiding FULL STOP! Back on plan tomorrow though xxx

Hey Dumps and Laura!!! miss you guys!!! :D

Laura - have a fabulous day! hope its perfect - have you reached the targets you wanted to? Lots of photos on here please!!!

Dumps - restarting? whats that all about then? xxxx

Well I got my dress for renewing our vows - I think its pretty perfect, knee length, beautiful embroidery to the top and an ebroidered shrug. Cos we're renewing int he registry office and then just going to the pub for lunch I don't want a full on wedding dress, plus we're already married anyway and did the big thing the first time around. It's a size 14 and I do need to lose more for it to fit so theres the motivation!! If I can figure out how, I will post some pics if you wanna see?

I have bought my dress my wedding isn't until November 2012 but I want to fit my dress I don't want the dress to fit me. This is my motivation we ordered our rings Saturday and hearing someone else say 16 months was scary I say it all the time but it seems so close now!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back