OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

I don't know what the US sizes are, does that make it a UK 14? I can't wait to try my shoes on, and prance around in them! Ha ha! You know me and pretty shoes!! Hee hee!!

Yes remind me when we are measuring for you to try them on.

Its a UK 16 - but a bridal 14 i think.

I know i need the following measurements to fit in it:

bust 39
waist 31.5
hips 41.5

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Although i just checked Next sizes and thats a 16 in there clothes so perhaps its more a 16 than i thought.

x

Elle bear, I have a good feeling for you. Can't wait to hear how you get on. As the others have said, even if it doesn't quite fit yet, you'll see how close you are. Good luck!

Hi Ellebear, I'm sure you'llbe fine with UK16. When I was measured for my dress I needed 38/30/38 so they orderd uk 16 to fit my chest and theoretically be a bit big on my waist and hips... as it was I put on half a stone so I'm sure my actual measurements were bigger on the day :eek: and my dress fit fine... so I'm sure you will be fine. Or at least very very close. :)

On a positive note I think we have decided on the menu and also I have ordered 4 bottles of wine....they only sold them by the bottle (the more expensive wines...not the house ones) and they cost approx £20 per bottle...I go on winedrop.com and they are £32 for 4 bottles including £9.99 delivery!!! Bargain!!!!! X

Good luck for Saturday dress-trying girlies...don't worry, don't worry...you'll see that dress and get it on and you'll just LOVE it. It'll look amazing. AMAZING!
Elle - you aren't huge. Bridal sizes are all skew-wiff compared with high street. And even if you go by the inches you're supposed to be to fit into it, there's always leeway.

My trying on sessions today went really well. There's 3 Suzanne Neville ones I really like as well as some by a designer called Stephanie Allin. I'm reluctant to say one of them is The One, so they mustn't be...but there's one of them I do love! It gave me an amazing shape, the corsetry in it is fab and I felt so secure even though it wasn't my actual size.

Need to seriously shape up though and it's given me a bit of a wake up call. Need to get back on it sharpish!!!

Only 2 more sleeps till I see my dress aarrgggghhhhhh very nervous but excited only 13 weeks to go freaking out a bit now lol. In September I'm starting in a school as a teaching assistant and realised that come October the kids will be calling me Mrs Mcgilloway!!!!! Mega freak out and I feel old hearing Mrs for some reason lol xx

Hi ladies

Went for my fitting today and I love my dress :) I have attached a pic for you to see I didn't want to take it off lol

How did you get on today ElleBear

Xx

Attachments

• image-714089591.jpg
    image-714089591.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 90
Hi Vicky,
You look just beautiful in your dress. The thought of wearing it again on the big day must make you very excited. Glad it all went so well for you x

Hi ladies

Went for my fitting today and I love my dress :) I have attached a pic for you to see I didn't want to take it off lol

How did you get on today ElleBear

Xx

Got on really well thanks Vicki......no pics of mine though i want to keep it a secret!!!! :) it is GORGEOUS though - and my 2 bridesmaids liked it too - which made me so happy cos i was worried they wouldnt like it!!!!

It fits too - which was a wonderful surprise for me. I really thought it would still be gaping at the back, but its now fine, so i can lose a little more and it wont be a problem! hooorah!

Vicki you look lovely in your dress - which designer is it? xxx

Delighted for you too, Elle Bear. You must be so relieved and excited. Well done, girls

Got on really well thanks Vicki......no pics of mine though i want to keep it a secret!!!! :) it is GORGEOUS though - and my 2 bridesmaids liked it too - which made me so happy cos i was worried they wouldnt like it!!!!

It fits too - which was a wonderful surprise for me. I really thought it would still be gaping at the back, but its now fine, so i can lose a little more and it wont be a problem! hooorah!

Vicki you look lovely in your dress - which designer is it? xxx

You did look gorgeous! :) And I did offer to take photos! :)

Vicki thats stunning!

elle, i have a voucher from amazon for nakedwines(or somthing simalar, i may just be making that up) for £40 worth of wine, do you want me to pm you the voucher code cos i didnt drink and certainly dont now so you should make the most of it!! xx

I know Laura - i was sooooo worried though, I had a huge heat rash when i tried on my dress in case it wouldnt fit at all.

Silly me! x

Lost another 1lb this week...Domino's to celebrate! I'm NEVER going to get slim for my frock LOL!

*sigh* I'm having a nightmare dilemma girls. Opinion required. Tried on so many dresses but I don't know what 'look' to go for!

Attachments

• Harmony_me.jpg
    Harmony_me.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Heidi_me.JPG
    Heidi_me.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 85
  • SanPatrick.JPG
    SanPatrick.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 82
  • sweetheart.JPG
    sweetheart.JPG