OBG (Operation Bridal Gown!)

ohh that sounds so familiar!! i had to do the same last year and had from January till May to drop 2 dress sizes.

Good luck... it will all be worth it in the end

Ellebear said:
Its all go here in my wedding prep!!! i have so much still to do - and its nearly 2 weeks to go.

Holy cr@pballs.

Lol that's me to elle we leave for Cyprus a week today and 2 weeks tomorrow is the big day so only really have till Tuesday to pack for holiday and wedding it's all happening so quick I'm hitting the panic button lol

We should add on facebook to see each others wedding pics xx

good luck Vicki!!!!

I am on 9 days to go now - and still a million and one things to get sorted!!! argh! i am sure it will all be FINE! x

Oooooh, exciting, Elle!
You will be gorgeous.

My updates - as I posted before, I bought a dress that arrived but was faaaaaaaaar too small, like TINY.

I tired it on last week again and I am making progress! It still doesn't fit but I have 8 months to go and I am starting to feel like it really might fit if I keep up with the exercise. I can hardly believe it.

You can fit in it!!! dont give up! i found the 30 day shred was superb for inches loss - perhaps that might be an option?

x

Yes, 30 Day Shred and I have a love-hate relationship but there's no doubting it works. I have done it once and over the next eight months I should really do it at least once more...........

I have another Jillian one too - 6 weeks to a 6 pack. I flicked through it once and it looked awful, so I have never actually done it. There was one part of it that was a bit like a torture scene in a video-nasty/snuff film! Jillian was screaming at one of the fitness model girls, who was trembling and sounded a bit like like she was crying as she did the super-hard moves. SCARY stuff lol

Hope you're enjoying the last week of preparation, Elle. Your guests are going to be like wow when they see you x

I had to sell my 6 week 6 pack - i did it once and it put the fear of god in me.

EEK! made 30DS look like a walk in the park.

I need to get back in the gym - argh! xxx

hi all!

just wanted to say ello! Im getting married on august and after a year of trying to lose weight n not really getting anywhere i signed up to sw online Sunday night.

i am just starting to try dresses on and booked my first proper Appointment on Monday!! did get to try sum on at a bridal show last week for the first time but wasn't really the same - Just a big room with lots of changing rooms. didn't feel as bad as i thought but thats probably cos they had larger sizes which i know shops won't. being surrounded by size 10 brides wasnt much fun tho!

really nervous bout going to the shops but don't think i can delay it much longer.

anyhoo sorry for the long post - if u got this far well done lol

looking forward to getting to know u all xxxx

good luck losing weight for your wedding, im so glad i managed to lose as much as i did - and now i have the honeymoon gain to get rid of and keep going!!!

:) xxx

hello my lovelies! some advice from you BTBs or recently married Mrs Bears! I've seen some beautiful bridesmaid dresses online - sent the link to my two girls who said they really liked them but the thing is, the dresses are online only, and getting very limited stock - do I buy them and hope that they are as lovely and fit my girls for when we eventually meet up or keep the colour/style etc. in mind and look for simiar dresses when we do get together early next year to shop and try on? i don't want to miss out on the dress trying on experience but this is the only dress I've seen that I really like so far! it's also in the sale so only have 7 day return and won't see the girls in that time! guess could always sell on, the style and colour is pretty timeless - advice gratefully received xxx

Devon_Dumpling said:
hello my lovelies! some advice from you BTBs or recently married Mrs Bears! I've seen some beautiful bridesmaid dresses online - sent the link to my two girls who said they really liked them but the thing is, the dresses are online only, and getting very limited stock - do I buy them and hope that they are as lovely and fit my girls for when we eventually meet up or keep the colour/style etc. in mind and look for simiar dresses when we do get together early next year to shop and try on? i don't want to miss out on the dress trying on experience but this is the only dress I've seen that I really like so far! it's also in the sale so only have 7 day return and won't see the girls in that time! guess could always sell on, the style and colour is pretty timeless - advice gratefully received xxx

Are both your bridesmaids the type that everything always fits them? For example if there are both different body shapes and you're not sure if the style will fit both of them then I'd leave it but if they're lucky enough to be able to wear most styles then I would order it.

I only have one bridesmaid and she always stays the same size and everything suits her (she's annoying like that! Lol!) so I was able to order mine online and it fits her perfect!

Hope that helps? X

Are both your bridesmaids the type that everything always fits them? For example if there are both different body shapes and you're not sure if the style will fit both of them then I'd leave it but if they're lucky enough to be able to wear most styles then I would order it.

I only have one bridesmaid and she always stays the same size and everything suits her (she's annoying like that! Lol!) so I was able to order mine online and it fits her perfect!

Hope that helps? X

Thanks hun, I think I'm going to leave it for now - no point in being a couple of hundred quid out of pocket for no reason! You're right, they are different body shapes - one very athletic, the other with curves so best we try them on as opposed to me guessing! xxx

Devon_Dumpling said:
Thanks hun, I think I'm going to leave it for now - no point in being a couple of hundred quid out of pocket for no reason! You're right, they are different body shapes - one very athletic, the other with curves so best we try them on as opposed to me guessing! xxx

Yeah I think you're right as you may need to try a few styles to get one that suits them both. Everything is sooooo expensive so you don't want to be wasting any! I bought a pair of non-returnable shoes from the net and I can't walk in them! Gutted!

Also, they might be really looking forward to the dress discussion and searching process, giving their opinions and input, so you've probably done the right thing.

To be honest, sometimes I feel like you can't do right for doing wrong with these things.
Too much control and you're accused of being Bridezilla. Let other people in a lot and they tell you how they think you should get hitched and rubbish your own ideas!

Before we went shopping for Elle's bridesmaids dresses, we all thought we knew what we suited and what we'd like, but we were all so very, very wrong! Keep the colour and style in mind until you are all there to do it together, you may not even go with that colour and style after trying on the dresses :)

Nice pic babe!!! :)

Yeah my bee-maids all looked fab, and we teamed long dresses with little jackets, which were gorgeous!

I got mine online and ordered custome fitted, with lace up backs!

Hello all BTBs - how are you doing?! I've had a weekend of trying to sort out stationery and getting our website up and running! Starting to feel a little bit giddy with it all!!! xxx

Back