Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

lookingforme said:
It sounds like your seeking direction Gem like i was, i do hope you find it i think you are!
nothing worse than sitting on that roundabout looking for the best direction to step off.
Bet Uni finishing is a great relief.
Sad about the painful xray but fingers crossed for good news.
You may feel tierd through subconciouse worry of what that result may be.

Im on a no sugar diet and a less tea and rubbish like crisps and pastry and fats.
Gem i feel it that lovely "new you" feeling ad it always reminds me of you as you do the suger detox too.
Once you get that rushing through you, you will sense your guidance and you will be so on the ball again.
You love life without sugar and you love life feeling detoxed.
Your doing great keep it upXXXX

I think so too LFM , every day I'm getting happier as my body feels like its on the right path. Sugar really is the pits , its just amazing how much better I feel off it! Glad you are feeling happier and have found yourself again :0)

No scales for me until end of May...it's quite liberating saying that!

I have not done my positives the last two days but I am still listening to my Slimpod and still loving the way I am feeling around food!

Today
1) noticed my "one chin" appearing again and feeling less bloated
2) hobbled from the further bus stop again despite knee feeling sore
3) i am much happier than I was two weeks ago and have even started my mosaic art project I've been putting off for months!

Have a great week peeps! X

HI Gem
Agree with Rose, great positive!
I was chatting with someone the other day who said i need to read teh spoon theory.
IM still yet to even look it up! lol
i just dont know where time goes.
Apparently its a bout time management and appreciating everything that we do and how its all resource draining.
Keep it up hun, weve all got a future!
Wouldnt mind seeing a pic f yourproject when you have finished if you fancy sharing :) xxx

Thanks to Rose and LFM, spoon theory, I've studied time management and never heard of it! I will share when it's finished , it's quite a big project so will take me a while :0)

Three positives for yesterday

1) I am starting to recognise I only need half of the usual food portion
2) went out to lunch and chose a relatively healthy risotto
3) knee is a little better again, I even managed a few stairs today!

Have a great day despite the windy cold weather...so bad here I'm taking the new car into work for the first time! X

I am so angry I'm in tears.....the doc has decided its all to do with my weight and all I need to do is loose more...my X-ray results weren't in, so she was singing blind basically. I now have a two month wait so see a useless physio who will do bu88er all but tell me I'm not walking right, sitting right and I don't do anything right....no practical help, no suggestions, nothing. I guess I'm just a fat lazy ***** who deserves everything I get cos ive overeaten for the last 25 years... Drug addicts get more respect!

OMG gem im so sorry.
Right please try this you have to grab these people and shake them up a bit, let them know thy can not do this to you
Sooo heres a letter that rips them a new Ass Hxxx.

Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

Dear Practise manager ( insert name )

Due to the complasent way in which Dr....... has viewed my condition at my last appointment, I feel that a complaint will now need to be issued.

I feel that making an assumption for the diagnosis of my condition prior to having my xrays at hand is neglegent.

PLease find below my Data Subject Acces Request as i wish to view no less than my full medical notes, I belive these will aid me to raise an accurate and legitamet compaint against Dr ......

Please supply me with a complete breakdown of my medial records that will cross reference with my National insurance nmber is as follows...........

Additionally, where there has been any event in my medical history where manual records have been used then include all and every page within tis request.
If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.( although due to my age we both know this will not be the issue)

Were there has been information blacked out or deleted, please include what the detail is and why you feel it is necessary to exclude it from my medical records.

Where there is abbreviations please enclose your own abbreviation list, this information has been clarified by the information commisioners office so as to form part of and complition of any Data Subject Access Request

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 21 days in which to comply, if you feel the fee could raise then please insure that this is done proportenatly or i will be forced to raise a complaint with the Information commisionaires office.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from you personally as i do not want my records being pased aorund the local post office.

Yours faithfully,

GEM please check my spelling you know what im like lol as i had to reform it for your own use
I have sent 2 of these to my practise and i will d it again anytime they feel they can treat me like a second class citizen. Nedless to say they have treated me fine for the past 4 years ;) XXX Dont cry my dear friend they actualy work for you. They are paid by the government thaink of it that way and it gets easier to kick ass. XX

Thanks for that LFM, I was really angry last night as you might have noticed! But my main positive for yesterday was I didn't turn to food! I recognised I was angry and dealt with it but getting angry rather than internalising it, being nice and eating! Major breakthrough there.

With regards to the doc, part of methinks she may have done me a favour...I'm more determined than ever to get this weight off. However, Ive decided i am coming off the amitriptaline, I hate the way it makes me feel...tired, irritable and miserable. I'm going to join a gym to start non weight baring exercise and get some more weight off, and im going to cut two meals a day in half to cut calories. I will go to the physio appointment but dont hold out much hope for it.

If I decide to complain about the surgery I will certainly use your letter LFM. I do wonder how one week I may have arthritis...use the joints or loose them, the next it's obviously fibromyalgia, exercise is important, use it or loose it...this week it's gout caused by being over weight and over exercising which is causing the pain....I'll just carry on diagnosing myself I think! Get far more sense! I'm going to try rosehip to reduce the amount of water I carry in my joints in combination with glucosamine.

Anyway...it's another day...my choices are carry on trying to loose weight or pile it all back on again. The latter is not an option so I'm using my anger to move forward positively. I'm carrying on with the slimpod...love it!

Have a good day x

Big positive steps today folks...
1) ive joined the gym....yes I've done it! I have my induction tomorrow to see what I can and cant do and then I'm off...gonna go for two sessions a week for the first four weeks, just while my knee is still mending, then up it to three
2) I tried on the tight top which I bought in the sales and I was gobsmacked to fit into it! It's a little snug but a coupla weeks ago I couldn't even get it on so I'm delighted the slimpod is obviously working....it's noticeable in my work clothes this week too :0) my first goal is nearly there over a month early!
3) I only had one weetabix for breakfast instead of the usual two, stuck to my healthy lunch and am having half a jacket potato for dinner instead of a whole one

I'm really not missing the scales of torture. I had a slight wobble a few days ago when I was tempted but I didn't...and I'm glad. I just don't want to know the figures yet

Have a good evening peeps x

Three positives today

1) walked to the gym from work
2) did my gym induction rather than going to pub
3) slid into my jeans much more comfortably this morning

Three positives for Saturday

1) Said no to chocolate cake in thortons cafe and just had a cup of tea
2) felt like pigging out in the evening but didn't, I know now the urge passes after a while
3) figured out that tackling weight one day at a time is great...and it leads into other areas of my life too like my artwork

Three positives today
1) got the multi gym out of the cupboard...and used it!
2) had porridge for breakfast instead of eggs and bacon
3) have gone down a shoe size and I don't need the extra wide fitting anymore!

Monday, day 21 and halfway to listening for 42 days! Boy that went quickly!

Positives for today
1) went to gym and achieved my first 30 minutes workout despite my Gammy knee! Yay!
2) ignored the chocolate on the tea trolley this afternoon and the offered takeaway tonight and cooked a healthy rice meal
3) had results of X-ray back and no arthritis is present so hopefully that means this is a short term injury and I can get back to full use of my knee with the physio's help, let's hope so!

Gem im liking the 3 positive things rule i may initiate it at home so as not to start the pc daily but wow it all sounds great.

Ive just googled amytriptyline recall but nothings come up, my Mum had a severe attack about 4 weeks ago she said every bone in her body hurt even her ribs, she thought it started at the base of her neck she felt something twinge and that was it.

She also takes Amytryptaline but very high dose 120 and has done for about 40 years so will never stop now at 81.

I just clciked on the idea could they be related.
Has yours got increasingly painfull and woder spread in the last month?

Well done on the shoe size...it all helps keep the spirits up xxxx

lookingforme said:
Gem im liking the 3 positive things rule i may initiate it at home so as not to start the pc daily but wow it all sounds great.

Ive just googled amytriptyline recall but nothings come up, my Mum had a severe attack about 4 weeks ago she said every bone in her body hurt even her ribs, she thought it started at the base of her neck she felt something twinge and that was it.

She also takes Amytryptaline but very high dose 120 and has done for about 40 years so will never stop now at 81.

I just clciked on the idea could they be related.
Has yours got increasingly painfull and woder spread in the last month?

Well done on the shoe size...it all helps keep the spirits up xxxx

Hiya no my pain is actually getting better and the example of your mum is exactly why I've taken myself off the tabs , you end up taking higher and higher doses for the same effect...hope she feels better soon

Hope the positives help you, they are very inspiring! X

Three positives for yesterday

1) I bought an aero off the trolley but didn't eat it and left it in my drawer
2) I had a takeaway for dinner but only had half of the usual amount
3) my work trousers are definitely feeling looser

Three positives for today

1) I didn't want breakfast as I was still full from last night so was happy to leave it
2) I didn't plan my lunch but bought a egg salad sarnie , enjoyed it, and it kept me full all day!
3) the aero is still in my work drawer!

Back