Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi peeps
Didn't have too good a day yesterday as I was sent home sick from work with migraine and my joints are feeling just horrible! Still, no sugar had despite feeling very sorry for myself in the afternoon and a packet of bourbon biscuits in the cupboard ( my sons treats!) I did have some extra toast but hey, not too bad....worst thing was I couldn't walk...

Was back in work today caught the two buses to and from work ( instead of one and walking) but manged 45 mins round the park at lunchtime albeit at a slower pace than usual.

Back home and cooking another new recipe of ratatouille tonight, very low in calories so will see if we all like it!

Had a good food day today and feeling in control

Keep smiling x

Well done Gem your back in control today, its hard with every daybeing a new start.
Ive been researching the foods ive introduced and eaten the past week as I almost went into a complete dizzy spin last night. my head is so close to blowing and then im out of action for 4 days. Its so hard for other people to understand thou, do you get this problem?? I find it can be quiet lonely, but that in turn means strength to get by with it.

So anyway the foods im reading up on are Worcester sauce and Mustard and im sooo surprised at the alergy advice to it. how it effects the head.

I got onto this as i was in good form 10 days ago and ive had alot of tom juice with worcester sauce.

The mustard check came about as i had a nasty reaction and full sweat with no temperture when out with mum. Ive been having these a few years just put it down to Lymes. Now i think it could be another avenue.

Wonder if any of this info may help you with migranes. Have a read up.

Hope the ratatuoie is nice, i hope to make a salad.
But going by my bad food thread im not as in control as i thought :eek::eek:

Mid week now mate still time to make a differece ;) XX

Good morning guys

Thanks for the food allergy tips LFM.. . I was surprised at the intensity of the migraine on Tues. I get what I call " aftershocks" after a bad attack...they can last for a few days and I do feel dizzy and muzzy but thankfully I felt fully well again by Thursday this week. I think I know why I got it...I've had a surprise visit from the red fairy. I don't normally have periods with my contraceptive implant so it was a shock to my system. I'm pretty sure my migraines are hormone linked as when I was pregnant and for a few years afterwards I didn't get any! I'm really hoping when I've been through the menopause they will go again. :0)

I'm afraid fish and chips crept onto my menu one thursday but I was miffed with myself on on Friday morning and didn't really enjoy them. I've been feeling very bloated and achy due to the visit as well. Apart from that I've been on plan. Still no sugar and I made a light chicken korma last night which was delish!

The ratatouille was lovely and will become a favourite although by teenager wasn't too happy with it! ( no meat!)

Today we have a breakfast frittata for brunch ( we usually only have two meals at weekends...I find it stretches my calorie allowance to have slightly different meals) and lean roast pork, dry roast potatoes and loads of veg and gravy for dinner...yum!

I really don't know what tale the scales will tell tomorrow, but I've done my best with the week and, as you say LFM, every day is a new day. I am in two minds whether to weigh in at all ( as I know I will be retaining water) but I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Have a lovely Sunday x

Good morning....another 0.8 lbs off so happy with that as I'm probably retaining some water still. 16 st 4.6.

Have a great day peeps x

Welldone!! Gem:):)
On the right track now mate.
Weathers going to improve and the wheels will be spinning soon enough!!
Have a good day tomorrow xx

Just the icy winter to get through and then things will be more sunny :0) on plan 100% yesterday woohoo!
Be happy peeps x

hello hun x so happy to hear you are 100%, well done you :) I think when the spring weather FINALLY arrives, everything will seem brighter and lighter for all of us ;)...artic conditions up here today, i think i just spotted an eskimo taking his pet a polar bear walk past my window!!!

Good Luck tomorrow Gem
Bet you have been real busy, never seem to waste many minutes aways tiddling with something lol.

Mind occupation thats a real binge killer
Hope our ok.
I will be in tomorrow :)
XX

Lovely pic LFM!

I can't quite believe it but I've gained 2.1 lbs to make 16 st 6 lbs... not quite sure how as I haven't done much different to the previous weeks :0/ there is nothing worse than an unexplained gain...but thinking back I haven't drunk as much water and some sugar crept back in so that's what I'm going to concentrate on this week...more water, no sugar.

Hope everyone's ok, sorry haven't been about much Girls I'm just so tired at the end of the day at the moment and Feb is always my bluest month....Have a good week peeps, keep smiling! X

Thnaks Gemxx dito to we are getting brave arnt we lol.
You should see the bare ones i took monthly if you all put ino a money pot and pay me i will post them LOLOL

I wouldnt trust the scales always Gem if you have been doing the same thing then chance is its just a body shift? or your bodies choosing to hold water today for some reason we dont know about. The main thing is you are on a healthier road.

My belief in the scales has definately changed. Im now est 4lb lighter than june last year but OMG im so much bigger.

Tone tone tone will soon be screamed from the hill tops:D

Once you have caught up with rest im sure you will be bitting at the old lbs and oz with no problem.

Have a good week hun. XX

How annoying for you hun, a wee but unexplained gain! but don't fret, you are doing what you should be doing, so it will even itself out at next weigh in, or the one after that. I'm not allowing the scales to rule me anymore, i kind of hoped for a wee bit more this week as it was the first proper week back, but hey, it was still good enough and if its off, i don't care if its only an ounce one week, or i don't mind how ling its going to take, we will ALL get there in the end and in te meantime, we can chat away on here during the ups downs and sts's :)

Have a great day :)..yes, you pair are brave to post pics, but you are both lovely, so no need to hide away..don't know what that says about me then???? hee hee

Just says you are shy Rose not anything else ....thanks to both of you for your wise words...I had only gained 1.4 lbs on closer analysis of last weeks weight but I still spent the day yesterday feeling very p'eed off with the world! However...I still stuck to plan yesterday.

Jumped back on the scales this morning ( not something I normally recommend as you know...) but I'm back down to 16 stone 4.6 so happier today and still on plan.

We've also booked a romantic weekend away this weekend...we are going all guns and have booked one night in Exeter for my uni day school and then two nights at our honeymoon country hotel....spa bath, four poster bed and amazing food! So I probably won't weigh in next Monday as I'll be eating the most fabulous English breakfast! Keeping to plan until Friday then back on plan Tuesday. It's a kinda valentines/ wedding anniversary pressie to ourselves and I can't wait!

Have a good week guys x

Well done Gem! Oooh your weekend sounds fantastic, you lucky girl! This is the first valentines that we haven't gone away for such a long time, no babysitter this year..but hey, home will do, nice meal, candles, music etc etc....wish i had a 4 poster bed to end off the night romantically! :) hee hee...enjoy your time away and that english brekkie :)

Thanks Rose, now I've finished work for the week I can really enjoy the weekend.

Well my unexplained gain has turned into another visit from the red fairy :0(. From what I can gather ...multiple mini migraines...unexplained gain....spotting ...and dropping things and getting forgetful and muddled...it may be the change has started early. One thing I have got to know well over the last few years is my body...and something is not right....so I'm off to the docs next week.

Been right on plan all week despite dreadful choccy cravings but I'm going to stay away from the scales next week just until things settle down and my mini holiday is over. Doesn't mean I have carte Blanche over my diet just hope that lifestyle will see me through for the next 10 days.

Stay happy folks x

right attitude hun x have a lovely romantic and fun time :)...let us know how you get on at docs! take care...i'm forever dropping things and forgetting my train of thoughts..no spotting though..YET! :)...hey ho..life marches on! :)

Back