Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Yay amazing! X

great news! :D Bet it feels great

Thanks guys... I now have to go hunting for a new bra ( its a halterneck dress) so I can wear it to a party tonight!

http://gerberamutterings.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/serenity-and-swimming/ ...new blog for anyone interested.

I am going to start looking into improving the nutritional content of my diet. I've been getting very tired recently and not giving it as much priority as it deserves so I'm looking into healthy protein packed breakfasts....any ideas for something I can prepare the night before and take to work peeps? - no access to kettle or microwave :0(

I'm having my hair done this morning, a trim and a few highlights...would like red or purple...express some of my inner personality, but I don't want to look ridiculous at my age and have to maintain some air of professionalism in my job so i will see what the hairdresser thinks!

Life is busy, good and very very tiring but after a whirlwind day today I can rest more tomorrow and then only 5 more days of work before a 10 day break...woohoo! still podding every day and loving it.

Have a great weekend everyone, hope the sun holds out :0) x

Happy bra hunting hun! :)...brekkie ideas?..not sure...nutritional cereal bars? museli type mixture, home made with nuts, oats, raisins, yoghurt etc, wholemeal muffin type snack prepared the night before with a healthy filling? chopped boiled egg on wholemeal crackers? yoghurt and fresh fruit smoothie? weetabix and chopped banana in a tupperware dish and add milk at work?

new hair sounds exciting, why not have a few subtle red or purple highlights Gem, you won't look ridiculous and you won't go to the other extreme and have a rainbow mohican! tee hee..so just go for something classy that also reflects your personality but doesn't frighten your colleagues! :)

have a good day, enjoy the party tonight! x

HI Gem
Your threads sounding so positive! its MINT! w
What great news....your dress hope you had a great night.
I got 2 bras from Debenhams with altering straps or strapless both same size but one was bigger so i sold it on.
It will Teach me to always try both items on irrespective of same item.
The white one ive kept is realy fab and i struggle so badly with Bras.

Life without scales god i cant even remember it.
Im quiet tempted to put the scales up in the loft as i am on and off them everyday.
A realy truly bad habit as im not taking it seriously...not that i could at the moment far to much going on with health.
So i may take a big leaf out of your thread Gem :D

Im still yet to get my hands on these pods?? very interested so i shall make a point of googling soon.
Off to have a look at your blog link

Have a great week/end hun

Catch you soon XX

RainbowRose said:
Happy bra hunting hun! :)...brekkie ideas?..not sure...nutritional cereal bars? museli type mixture, home made with nuts, oats, raisins, yoghurt etc, wholemeal muffin type snack prepared the night before with a healthy filling? chopped boiled egg on wholemeal crackers? yoghurt and fresh fruit smoothie? weetabix and chopped banana in a tupperware dish and add milk at work?

new hair sounds exciting, why not have a few subtle red or purple highlights Gem, you won't look ridiculous and you won't go to the other extreme and have a rainbow mohican! tee hee..so just go for something classy that also reflects your personality but doesn't frighten your colleagues! :)

have a good day, enjoy the party tonight! x

Gawd where did the last week go? Woooosh!

Thanks for the ideas Rose. I am off work ( thank the heavens!) next week so looking forward to doing some experimenting with breakfasts! I had a whole grain bagel today after swimming with peanut butter...it was lush and i was still pretty full at lunchtime so just had a simple salad of Stilton, walnut and bacon which lasted me to about 4 when a banana was welcomed.

Got a chicken shish kebab tonight to celebrate finishing a really hard stint at work since may but only a medium one as I'm not that hungry still x

I had red highlights done which are pretty funky but have sadly faded quickly...still they are a little more subtle now....! Lol

lookingforme said:
HI Gem
Your threads sounding so positive! its MINT! w
What great news....your dress hope you had a great night.
I got 2 bras from Debenhams with altering straps or strapless both same size but one was bigger so i sold it on.
It will Teach me to always try both items on irrespective of same item.
The white one ive kept is realy fab and i struggle so badly with Bras.

Life without scales god i cant even remember it.
Im quiet tempted to put the scales up in the loft as i am on and off them everyday.
A realy truly bad habit as im not taking it seriously...not that i could at the moment far to much going on with health.
So i may take a big leaf out of your thread Gem :D

Im still yet to get my hands on these pods?? very interested so i shall make a point of googling soon.
Off to have a look at your blog link

Have a great week/end hun

Catch you soon XX

Awww thanks LFM, it truly is an amazing experience!I got a new bra from m&s and I had a lovely evening in my new dress with my red highlighted hair lol. Feel like a new woman!

Life without scales is fantastic, I can't recommend it enough. I was worried i would just let it all go but nope...Trevor and the pods won't let me! You need to concentrate on getting well honey, that's more important than anything.

The pods are available from thinkingslimmer.com and they were 20% off last time I looked...it's honestly the best £30 I ever spent!

Work this week has been very pressured and im currently working under very difficult circumstances as my job is being dissolved and completely rebuilt in the next few weeks...so everything feels very uncertain. It could be really positive , could be negative but if it is, I will be looking for something else.

Still, I'm not going to be thinking about it for the next 10 days...woohoo!

Still podding, still loosing size and I'm looking forward to being able to have longer swims next week and time in the sauna.

I have a project at home to complete when I'm off...our little used office ( made from a very small room) will be transformed into a walk- in wardrobe for all my beautiful new clothes! My current wardrobe is bursting at the seams and I can't find things so I'm looking forward to spreading my Girly wings!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ! X

I just love the determination in your posts Gem, i must look into this podding..everyone gets great results and i think i'm becoming bored and not getting excited on the scales, might chsange from weekly weigh ins to fortnightly or GULP...monthly!

OOh a walk in wardrobe....love it and get those rails filled with all your lovely new clothes Gem :) x

RainbowRose said:
I just love the determination in your posts Gem, i must look into this podding..everyone gets great results and i think i'm becoming bored and not getting excited on the scales, might chsange from weekly weigh ins to fortnightly or GULP...monthly!

OOh a walk in wardrobe....love it and get those rails filled with all your lovely new clothes Gem :) x

Guess what? I actually threw my scales away today! They really don't matter! Liberation! Yay! You have been doing so well Though Rose, if you keep doing what you are doing being slim is just inevitable!

It's caused chaos today but we are getting there I think....rail, shelf and shoe rack in place ...just need to paint it and ge rid of half a ton of rubbish! X

Sounds fab! You are doing so well, and great about those scales! X

Well, after three days of lumping furniture, destroying and dumping furniture and assembling new furniture ( not to mention all the "stuff" sorting!) I have decided to have day four of my holiday as a " me" day.....before my newlifestyle, a "me" day would have been a lie in until after 9am, eating leftover takeaway for breakfast, lazing around on the pc for most of the day, maybe a long bath...and a film with lots of crisps/ chocolate.

So far today, I've been up since 4.30, watched a bit of tv, drank a bottle of water. Caught bus and was in the swimming pool for 7.15am, 30 mins relaxing swim plus 10 mins in the sauna. Lovely shower, hopped on the bus to come home to a healthy light breakfast with more water. I'm doing washing and housework and then At 10.30 I'm picking up my sister to spend time with her and go shopping, about 3-4 hours walking there! we will possibly have a bite to eat.

I will then come home and do a load of batch cooking...and then I will chill out to a film tonight I think!

I am so more active it's amazing, I feel hemmed in if I don't get out of the house.

Well, I now have a lovely walk in wardrobe, a new dressing table, and lots of space for starting open uni again next month. It's very therapeutic getting rid of stuff...cleansing.

Have a lovely peeps x

I can sense your ahppiness in your post Gem, I was smiling reading it...how liberating ditching the scales, maybe one day, i might just follow suit!

Look at you, up, early and at 'em...in the pool by 7.15! wow :)..your former life, sounds very like my former life hun...up to nibble last nights takeaway leftovers out the fridge for breekie, then think about housework, think some more, then slump in front of tv... followed by a mad, frantic tidy up and a rush to the shops for some more unhealthy meals!!!..while making wee cherub healthy meals, but CHOOSING to fill myself with rubbish instead!

its great that you have this whole sense of freedom and achievement Gem, so very proud of you! x

RainbowRose said:
I can sense your ahppiness in your post Gem, I was smiling reading it...how liberating ditching the scales, maybe one day, i might just follow suit!

Look at you, up, early and at 'em...in the pool by 7.15! wow :)..your former life, sounds very like my former life hun...up to nibble last nights takeaway leftovers out the fridge for breekie, then think about housework, think some more, then slump in front of tv... followed by a mad, frantic tidy up and a rush to the shops for some more unhealthy meals!!!..while making wee cherub healthy meals, but CHOOSING to fill myself with rubbish instead!

its great that you have this whole sense of freedom and achievement Gem, so very proud of you! x

Why thank you Rose, it is wonderful and my jeans have been loose and comfortable all week! Lol

Good morning peeps, happy bank holiday Monday, last BH until Christmas! " gulp "

Well it's been a few more days of being at home, decorating new wardrobe and sorting loads of stuff out. Unfortunately, one of our cats, Sox, has been poorly again. Another trip to vets on Saturday and we have to try the latest treatment for two weeks which includes steroids, antacids and a very expensive diet to see if he perks up again. The good news is he is eating , if not as much as he should, and he has stopped the violent vomiting which is all good! It's like having a baby though as we have to have him in our room at night and feed him every couple of hours!

Food wise I've eaten what I wanted, stopped when im full and cut down on portion sizes, and felt comfortable saying no to things. I Probably haven't drunk enough water or eaten as much fresh fruit and veg as I should but I'm not too concerned. My body is totally changing shape. My huge flabby stomach apron is lifting and my giant love handles are reducing so all is good there. The tops of my legs have shrunk and I have wrinkles in my jeans. I feel very comfortable in my clothes. I have only been swimming once last week but have been pretty active in other ways most days so i will go tomorrow before facing work and get back into routine.

I need to complete setting up the RNLI project I am running today and just get some final paperwork sorted and a final trip to the local dump. We will then be all up together to climb back onto the hamster wheel of routine life. Nice roast dinner and a film to end the day methinks.

Tomorrow I've been invited to a RNLI barbecue after work to network with other volunteers so a busy first day back.

Have a lovely week peeps x

hello Gem

all sounding good, apartt from poor cat, hope he gets well again soon. I've always had a cat or cats in my life, until i had wee cherub..and now he is asking for one!

So happy to hear your body is changing..i am worried about the whole apron thingy going on and the crepe paper skin..but its not looking as bad as i thought..so far ;)

Enjoy the bbq tomorrow..loving the happiness in your posts x

HI Gem
Again you amaze me with what you get up to!
Im so pleased you are feeling comfortable again thou nothing worse than tight waiste bands and trouser legs....a bit of what im experiencing this end

Poor cat I always had cats from a child so automatically got them when i had my house, ive had quiet a few and lossing the last 2 killed me too.

The 1 before last was terrible to watch as the vet wasnt to helpfull and to money focused i was given the run around at 3am and lost her at home.
PDSA where great with the last one as it was when i was ill so got help but still far to much to bare.

I never got another and although i adored they were all my babies and the 24hour a day cuddles i could never go back.
The time and dedication needed is alot that i may not have through choice in the future, also i would need to have teh income to equal what they would need health wise when i rerun t work and that wont happen now.

I do take in strays and help any that seem out of sorts.

Id never had life wth out one but now im older no cildren at hom teh freedom to come and go with no worry has een a nice change.
I just couldnt go through the loss again either.

They are such resourcefull beautifull crafty manipulative creatures arnt they LOL.

RNLI sound interesting and what a nice way to build communications, i may take a leaf out of your book as Ive put my life on hold long enough. ;)

Hope this week is good for you Gem, i still havent got the pods! will search back now for your links

XXXX

Thanks LFM

Sox is a lot happer this week and back to a healthy appetite, his coat is shiny and he is perky and "chatting" away to me in the mornings before breakfast...it's a big relief..my three cats are like my babies and bring such joy and laughter to our family. I grew up with dogs but cats are practically easier to look after when we are out at work all day. I just hope this improvement continues and it's nw down to what tabs and food we need to keep him on to keep him healthy and happy.

Still podding, still swimming, still happy.....work is a horrible nightmare but I'm still hoping things will improve soon, I have a 1:1 with my line manager this afternoon so I may get some answers today....if I don't I have my eye on another job I might apply for.....I can still exercise my right to leave I guess!

Right another day to get through....at least it's Thursday! X

Back