Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Day 7 on the wagon and I'm still rolling along....

Been studying today as I am now behind on my uni course and I ave an assignment due in by the end of the month....eek!

Brekkie was porridge with banana and honey

Lunch was half a wholemeal bagel with the rest of my homemade soup from yesterday

Been slaving in the kitchen this afternoon over a 5 veg lasagne and a carrot and sultana cake a la hairy dieters cookbook....

One more day then back to work sadly :0( , I could so easily just take a month off! Still, it's nearly Xmas and the I have nearly two weeks! My course shuts down too so plenty of time to be with friends and family and a little "me" time....Woohoo!

Have a great evening folks x

"Accepts shiny halo from Rose" thanks mate!

Day 8 and going well, been swimming and food shopping for more healthy meals next week. Weaving this into my working week is harder but bot insurmountable and I'm getting organised today by doing some batch cooking. I'm working three normal days and then Thursday I'm working on the police commissioner elections so a 16 hour day coincides with my son's 18th birthday...out for meals twice but it's not phasing me as much as normal, just gonna cut back where I can and enjoy the rest!

Brekkie was half a seeded bagel with Philly light, scrambled egg and smoked salmon

Lunch is a quinoa, lentil and feta salad

Dinner is pork steak with new pots and steamed veggies with a slice of carrot cake for pud.

Swam for 45 mins today, speed is getting up and I was even out of breath at times.

Study this afternoon then batch cooking for the week

Enjoy your afternoon folks x

Thanks Rose, I'm very proud of him x

Week two, day one

Weigh in . 16st 11.6 lbs - 4 pounds off! Woohoo! Back into the 16's for me!

Brekkie weetabix and banana
Lunch - turkey salad wrap, homemade soup and yoghurt
Dinner - homemade spag Bol and wholemeal pasta

Going to walk at lunchtime, knee and weather allowing!

Have a great day peeps! X

Briliant Result Gem you wanted it and you took it great commitment, im sure you and Rose are from the same cloth. :) Xx

Thanks guys...I was very pleased with that result!

Week 2 day 2

Another day on the wagon despite getting quite stressed this afternoon and thinking...I could just get a takeaway ....
But I didn't, yay!

I have found if I come home, sit quietly for a while and just have a cuppa I can unwind and then think about dinner...it certainly worked today.
Swam this morning then took a wholemeal bagel with low fat soft cheese and smoked salmon to work for breakfast with a banana
Lunch was quinoa, feta and lentil salad with homemade soup and a soya yoghurt
Dinner - mustard crusted salmon, celeriac mash, leeks and spinach...yummy!

May not log in tomorrow as we are celebrating dear son's 18th by going out for a meal with the family. I then have to prepare for an early start and a 16 hour stretch as a poll clerk on Thursday. Food pretty much planned for both days so won't be a problem.

Then I am on leave on Friday so I'll catch up again then when I'm "out the other side"

Have a good week peeps x

lookingforme said:
A poll clerk....i swear you have a twin.....no idea how you fit it all in??How lovely a family birthday meal :) have lots of fun.Xx

Ahhh well being a poll clerk I get to have a day off work...it's a long day,yes but not very taxing! :0) x

Week 2 day five

Well the last couple of days have been very full and today I feel drained and tired but I'm on leave. Food wise I've been a little over my daily calorie allowance but that's fine, I'm not on a diet, just monitoring my intake and I'm under more than over in general so it's balanced. It's also been a very unusual couple of weeks so if i can keep it going now it should be a lot easier next week and tomorrow I can "get back to normal".

My mum is going to host Xmas day this year so we don't need to stockpile food. I'm quite looking forward to a frugal Xmas calorie wise but a good rest is required and I'd like to be more inventive with quality of food rather than quantity.

I'm out again tonight on a girls night out....but planning a quiet weekend with hubby which I'm looking forward to.

Work kicks up a gear next week as I'm re launching our website on Thursday "gulp" and have been given another big piece of work to be completed in the next four weeks!

Still life is good, mostly study for an assignment today and taking my grown up son into town to start up a new savings account with all his birthday money to save for uni next year.

Don't know what I'm gonna eat today. I'm hungry so probably porridge with banana, berries and honey this morning.

I'll make some homemade soup for lunch and then dinner at wetherspoons which is easy as all their menu is calorie counted. It's really informative.

Have a lovely day guys x

Hi Gem
Glad to see your goning to have some down time, hope your shopping/bank day went well
Weatherspoons i do like thier menues.

I was at a place the other day and all the meals where caloried accept the beef pie dish.
My mate ahd it and went home to fill in fitness pal and it was 1200 calroies! no wonder they didnt want to advertise it lol

Its lovely when someone else does xmas day, my ex did it last year and hes doing it this year for us too.
im never up to it and an awfull cook, my mums 81 and my lad lives round the corner from him so its easy for GD and them to pop in.
Plus he cooks amazing and ive already booked the fried Brie for starters :D

Hope the website launches ok.

its nice not being on a diet but i havent been great food wise.
As i havent been up to exercising my legs have quadruppled from the knee upwards but my wieght is staying at 12st 1lb 6oz, as we have always said you can never trust the scales lol

Hope you have a well deserved evening and rest till Monday, do you still do your dfaily positives? XX

Hi LFM, thanks for popping in, good to hear from you :0)

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned as I ad a of chips for lunch instead of homemade soup but I did enjoy them so it's not a problem :0)

I will do positives when I genuinely notice/feel them but at the moment I just feel bloated and fat, and after doing the first part of my uni assignment on photographing my ands, very old! When on earth did I get so many lines and wrinkles on them?!

Anywho, today has been firmly back on the wagon with starting a body pump class this morning ( knee was troublesome but I stopped when I know I was overdoing it), a walk to the shops instead of taking he car.

Food - I skipped brekkie as still full up from last night's dinner and had a fried egg on cheese on toast for lunch. Dinner will be Jamie's golden chicken with potato gratin and veg which I'm looking forward to.

If I stay the same weight this week I'll be happy to be honest. It's been a roller coaster of a week and I've done my best with what time and resource I've had.

Good news, my MRI scan appointment for my knee has come through for 17 December! Hopefully get some answers at last!

Bought a new camera today so going to have a play with that this evening then back to the design books tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening folks x

Hi Gem, sounds like a very busy time for you, hope your son had a great birthday! I'm liking your thinking, not a diet and you feel every restriction, but just trying to be careful and make good choices..but if on the way, you feel like a wee plate of chips..then why not? it all evens itself out :)

I like wetherspoons too :)

..meant to add..good luck for the 17th Gem, that is around my birthday, and we need your knees and legs in good working order to join in the party! :)

Have a good week hun x

RainbowRose said:
Hi Gem, sounds like a very busy time for you, hope your son had a great birthday! I'm liking your thinking, not a diet and you feel every restriction, but just trying to be careful and make good choices..but if on the way, you feel like a wee plate of chips..then why not? it all evens itself out :)

I like wetherspoons too :)

Thanks Rose

It did indeed even itself out. A loss of 1.4 lbs this week. It just shows what we eat when we aren't looking!? Lol

Well another loss (1.4lbs) so very happy with that after a jammed pack week. If I can do it under those circumstances I really believe I can go all the way! Really looking forward to a relatively normal week this week. Although I do have an assignment due but put the donkey work in yesterday and feel on top of it again thank goodness.
Slept solidly ( without nytol! Yay!) and listening to the pods again at night so all is well.

Brekkie - weetabix , strawberries and blueberries
Lunch - feta and olive salad, yoghurt and banana , home made soup
Dinner - homemade spag Bol

Have a great Monday peeps! X

RainbowRose said:
..meant to add..good luck for the 17th Gem, that is around my birthday, and we need your knees and legs in good working order to join in the party! :)

Have a good week hun x

Thanks Rose, I just hope they come up with something that can be done...! X

Good loss Gem fingers crossed for 17th!. Are you dojng a photography course? ive been looking at my hands lately same thing wrinkes, drier skin.xx

lookingforme said:
Good loss Gem fingers crossed for 17th!. Are you dojng a photography course? ive been looking at my hands lately same thing wrinkes, drier skin.xx

I'm doing a design course LFM and we needed to create a t - shirt design using our hands as inspiration! X

Back