Obsessed with food

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
Well, I must be in ketosis because my little one woke me up by saying "mummy, your mouth is smelly" and I'm no longer hungry, but I'm still counting down to my next pack and thinking about food all the time. Is that normal? Will it recede at some point?

I feel like I can't really focus on much else at the moment.....

I thought about food loads at the beginning - had quite a few dreams about it too. Don't worry - if you stick to it 100% in a few weeks it'll just become normal.

i am the same!! its totllly annoying!! but it passes! for me it happens the first c ouple of days each week... dunno why lol

bridie said:
i am the same!! its totllly annoying!! but it passes! for me it happens the first c ouple of days each week... dunno why lol

Might be worth trying to work out why if it happens on a regular basis. What's different about those days? Are your work patterns different? Is it because they follow the weekend? Are you more bored/stressed/happy on those days? This diet gives you a real opportunity to learn why you are the way you are with food - I'm a great believer that in thinking these things through we have a much better opportunity to keep the weight off at the end.

I am on day 12 and can relate totally. I stopped feeling hungry (well I do still sometimes feel hungry throughout the day, but nowhere near like the first few days) but I still crave food that's not allowed A LOT. I even dream about it. The other night I had a dream where I had a cake and was freaking out afterwards because I wasn't meant to eat it, when I woke up I was like phew. I think of food a lot, too much in fact. It does feel odd because I'm not always hungry when I am doing it. I guess it's related to my unhealthy relationship with food. I got to this weight by over eating and mainly eating when I wasn't hungry purely just because I love food :(

I was dreaming about eating even in week 3-4 last time.

This time i've had no food dreams but I think about it a lot.

Since I've started having S&S instead of 100% LT it's been a lot, lot worse.

I'm on week 5 btw.

I did vlcd couple of year ago....and all I wanted to do was cook and feed everyone :D

I still think about it at weekends and I'm on week 34! :)

Week 14 and I am thinking about it but I had last week off this is why... End of week 12 going into my week off there was nothing I fancied eating lol but I soon remedied that just hope this feeling goes soon as this first week is always the worst...

Back