Obsessed

kezzyBee

Silver Member
I am really proud of myself for sticking to this diet for 3 weeks now! It doesn't seem that long, but the longest I've ever lasted on any kind of diet. Yesterday I got so emotional and just kept crying, maybe due to totm, but I just felt so restricted like I don't ever want to give myself a bit of a break and this just really got to me, it seems so silly but I just felt that I wanted to maybe treat myself when I have a little craving just once a week, but I'm too scared to do this.

Maybe it is best not to have any breaks on this diet, but I just realised how obsessed I have become and taking it so seriously like crying over it because my sugar cravings were so out of control yesterday, but like it would be life threatening if I just allowed myself a bit of choc lol.

I don't know, maybe I'm jusy being silly but it got to me so much and maybe I should relax a little and if I fancy something once a week it won't hurt to have it!! Does anybody else feel like this? I'm just having a rubbish time lately and been an emotional wreck lol :rolleyes:

Oh Kerry.. think most of us girls are like this at the moment, myself Cheryl & Vicky are for sure... maybe its to do with the moon & our hormones or something??

Have you tried an Atkins bar? Some dark chocolate? Even just diet coke when you fancy something sweet??

Have a look at my post on my diary about stepping off track b'coz I succumbed last weekend & am struggling big style now! xxx

Big (((hugs)))

It's horrible isn't it, I had so much wine last night and feel dreadful today I've had a muffin already and not a mim style one!:slap:
Maybe it is hormones, it just feels like its the end of the world if i go off track for a day or 2 and thats abit silly and depressing. I feel so confused about everything, but don't actually know why I'm confused :cry:

I'm going to just draw a line under this weekend and start again tomorrow, I've made things difficult for myself though by eating carbs!!

yes been on induction for 3 weeks now so I guess it might be a good idea to move onto next stage. I might do this tomorrow actually, gonna have a good read of my book and see what I'm allowed on owl.

I am going to get to my goal I am truely determined not to give up :)

aww, i know what you mean about being amazed at lasting 3 weeks...im just going into week 6 and have astonished myself!!!

no crisps, chips, jacket potatoes......chocolate!!! i really should say wine but i cannot stop drinking lol (im not an alchy but do enjoy a glass of an evening!)

honestly i can say ive not had major cravings but have on occasion done the cupboard walk of shame, yanno, late at night, and you stand in front of the open cupboards in the kitchen just looking for something naughty to eat!!! lol

its only happened a few times and each time i have told myself off and gone to bed, getting into ketosis hurt! my legs ached, i cant sleep properly...i dont want to have to go through that again and thats what keeps me away from the carbs....

ive got a long way to go in terms of weight loss and really feel like i can achieve something with this diet...

what im trying to say is we all have our demons, speaking about them does help. Thats what we are all here for xxxxx

Keep going hun you're doing so well. Have you tried an atkins bar? I'm a newbie and tried one of the decadent ones yesterday for breakfast at work. They are really really nice and choco craving satisfying. They reminded me of a real stodgy brownie so I've got a few stocked up in the fridge for when moments like these come around.

Hope you're feeling better soon hun x

I have tried them yes... they are ok but I am wondering if this is why my cravings have come back for chocolate?? maybe i should just stick to natural stuff from now on. :(

I had them for the 1st time this week, 3 days in a row so I thought this might have been the trigger for my cravings, so I will stay away from now on. I can't eat really dark choc it's way too bitter for me, have tried it before and it just ended up in the bin lol

I can't eat really dark choc it's way too bitter for me, have tried it before and it just ended up in the bin lol

You can always post it to me Kerry... :D.

I have been having sero bars Avid SERO the white choc & berry ones... which are an aquired taste but don't seem to trigger cravings in me like the chocolate ones do. Even the chocolate sero bars made me want more!!

Kerry your first post could be me talking if you replace "choc" with "booze"! :)

Have you read Neris & India's Idiot Proof Diet? It's like Atkins but a little less strict, and they do allow small amounts of choc (dark, sorry) after the induction period. There are some threads about it over on the Low Carb board, and I noticed the book in my local library so you don't have to shell out again to give it a read and see if it would suit you better.

Or if you want to stick with Atkins there's always diabetic chocolate...

Kerry can't help but notice that it's your TotM, I always got cravings around this time and that's not the only thing! I'd get a really short temper (soz kids) and i'd retain water and all because the girly has hormones!!

I used to have an Atkins bar or some sugar free boiled sweets from lowcarb mega store, apple and blackurrant were my favs.

O about going onto Owl, i'd recomend it. You'll have more variety and it doesn't interfere with the rate of weight loss; well didn't with me anyway.

I think they can trigger cravings especially the chocolate ones, I find Lindt 90% dark chocolate much better as its bitter & a couple of squares is enough, for me anyway. x

not a choc fan but i love the dark 90% stuff mega

I love dark chocolate but not the really bitter stuff.
Kezz you should have told me how you were feeling last night, i could have persuaded to put the bottle down. Lol
I have stupidly lent my mum my atkins book as she wants to start it. Can you tell me what the OWL allows? I might give it a try. Im having stoge food tonight but low carb. Sausages veg and gravy.

There's no easy way to deal with very strong cravings. I get them, too. Like many here I have found the past couple of weeks much tougher than usual - no idea why.

The problem with just a little bit of regular chocolate or high carb whatever is that it can take you out of ketosis for a few days. When that happens the old hunger can come back with a vengeance.

If this doesn't happen to you, and you can get back on track right away, then fine. And if you do slip just let go of it. Don't hate yourself, don't feel like a failure, because you're not! You're just being human. We can't do things 100% perfectly all the time, it's just not possible.

We can do this. All of us!

And yeah that includes Carb Creep me lol.

xx

Hiya hun,im sitting here right now watching the TV and thinking of what i can eat. Im not hungry but i NEED TO PICK! i dont fancy any of that chicken in the fridge, but i do want some of that turkish delight chocolate.
The only reason i wont eat it is that ive been an angel today and done lots of exercise and i dont want to ruin it. Also, as soon as you binge, you tend to fall off the wagon, and like its been said, do you really want the hastle of getting back into ketosis.
I crave savory things, like crisps and bread and the linseed replacements are awful to me. Pork scratchings are the only thing keeping me sane, but they are really high in calories.
Stick with it, post on here or PM us for a chat to occupy yourself.
Keep away from the choc if its sending you in the wrong direction.

ah, we've all been there, the trouble is eating the carbs makes you feel even worse and then you are craving for more Kerry.

Hello all... sorry I didn't come back on last night, I wasn't in the best of moods. Thanks for all the replies it really means alot :)

Well yesterday did not go well, I had pasta for tea , muffins for breakfast and choc in the evening, saturday just went completely wrong too!:mad:

So back to it today, lots of water and no more carbs!!! I have only gained 1lb from my naughty weekend so not as bad as I thought, so I don't feel too bad :D
My mood has lifted now I don't know if sometimes we just need a treat (in moderation!), because I feel satisfied that I've fed my craving and am not too disappointed with myself either, I'm also not finding it too hard getting back on track :), maybe thats because carbs do bloats me so I always feel ready to get back to restricting them again!! but apart from that I am good and really believe my naughty relaxed weekend has cheered me up :p

Back