Obsession with scales

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Irish, 8 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Irish

Irish Gold Member

:) Hi everyone just a quick question. Was anyone else obsessed :banghead: with weighing themselves when they started the cambridge diet or is it just me being crazy:crazy:

debbie xx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Oh I was mega obsessed...still am to some extent....my advice is to get rid of them NOW....they only warp your mind luv!
  4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I think we all get that way no matter what diet we're on. I left mine at my parents that way I can only weigh myself once a week :)
  5. fiojam

fiojam Focused & goin for goal!

I weigh every day, first thing in the morning :rolleyes:
    I know I shouldn't but I just cant help it! I've tried putting them away but it always gets the better of me.
  6. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Ooof, I was obsessed big time, did my own head in, hide em!!! I only weigh in twice a week now, was every day at first, then once a week, coz got dh to hide em!!!!

SARAHP Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    Me to!! Every single day im on the damn things!! Sarahxx.
  8. beth1972

beth1972 Member

I am not weighing at home at all, just at my meetings. I think I am scared I will be disappointed and get discouraged. I aim to weigh once a week once I have finished the programme to monitor if I am maintaining.
  9. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    i weigh when i get up, b4 i go to bed & sometimes b4 my bath EVERY day, obsessed, not me ! :banghead: :whistle:
  10. lancslass

lancslass Full Member

yep!!! me to the point of my husband hiding them LOL
  11. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Yep - we all do it, whatever diet no matter how hard we try not to! I am currently on a break from cal counting and in theory not weighing more than once a month. Its all I can do to limit it to once a DAY!:eek:
    Go figure - self destruct or what?

Love Barb xxx
  12. chicksy

chicksy Full Member

My H2be threw mine out of the window on day 3 :eek:

13. GreenDayJen

GreenDayJen Full Member

Slimming World
    i used to be. in the long run it is really bad for your head. get rid!
  14. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I weighed myself at least twice a day when i started. Although they do say to weigh yourself everyday in the first week as you tend to lose 1lb a day, so its an incentive.

However in week 2 i gave the scales to my sis as the weight no longer comes off like that, i now only weigh once a week when i go to my cdc. Much better that way, i also say get rid of them.
  15. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Love it, well done Hubby!!!!
  16. poppa134

poppa134 Full Member

I got rid of my scales the day I started cd because otherwis I knew I'd be weighing everyday. It was TBH the best thing I ever did. I don't stress anymore and get (usually!!) a nice surprise on my CDC scales once a week,

17. Irish

Irish Gold Member

LOL thanks everyone least I know I'm not the only crazy one:crazy: . Has anyone weighed themselves b4 and after a shower, well I have and I was 3lbs lighter after the shower and I shower everyday I didn't think I was that dirty heehee!!:hide:
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. kelly1977

kelly1977 Back On CD.......

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeah I was obsessed too, weighing myself every day sometimes twice a day, sad eh?
    Me mam used to go mad as it used to affect my mood especially if I had put on that day.
    My brother has started to cut down & he was weighing himself after he had been for a wee, lol, u think I may have rubbed off on him.. :rolleyes:
  20. lahodges87

lahodges87 Full Member

cambridge diet
    im an obsessive weigher!! i weigh myself when i get up, everytime i go into the bathroom reali (like a pee is going to affect my weight or something) before i go to bed...i even change my clothes to see if it makes a difference lol im not a crazy person just slightly unhinged! :D:D:D:D:D

so my advice is GET RID OF THE SCALES!!!
  21. SHAZA

SHAZA Silver Member

Cambridge diet
    My hubby hid my scales but I was like a child at christmas time and searched them out

I keep really trying to not weigh me and just go to Anne on a Friday ~ good in theory does not work

I need my hubby to chuck them out of the window tooooooo!!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.