October Challenge Anybody?

Day 3 100% :D

Just had my first WI, lost 1.5lb since Monday morning.

fayfe -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
vicky84 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
princesskat -14lbs to lose 1.5lbs lost 12.5lbs to go
jelly2010 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
muffin2012 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
suzyqirnbru -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
huwiesmummy -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Loser85 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
BuxomBarrister -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
stripeytrousers - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
iwannabeme - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
namaste - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
SerenityLouise - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
WannaBe14Stone - 15lbs to lose 0lbs lost 15lbs to go
Pinkie - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Moosey21 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Susie58 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Time2go - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
sexychick -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Madoody - 10lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
SDUKALE - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Countrycottage - 10lbs to lose 0lbs lost 10lbs to go
deedee261986 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
mrsdetermined2012 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
fittp00 (Penny) - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Debbi8489 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go

Well done PrincessKat! I'm weighing-in Sat mornings so will update then.

Had my bar at 11am and will do a strawb shake at around 3pm.

Hey guys, so yesterday I was 100% yay! Well i had a coke zero but that's okay isn't it?

Today is Day 3 today, i'm finding things alot easier than day 1 :) i still crave food but not as much as my first day so it's getting easier. Bit confused about the ketosis? When does it kick in? Because the last 2 days i've felt fine, full of energy, no weird taste/smell on breath so i don't think it's on it's way for me...

My weigh day isn't till Tuesday but i had a sneaky weigh-in this morning (i know i shouldn't have- too excited) and on day 3 i have already lost 4lbs :D

I'm happy to see that everyone else is doing really well :D well done all of you!

Happy Birthday Pinkie for yesterday was it?? Hope you enjoyed your day! :D

xx

Tbh I generally find day 3 - 5 hardest, tiredness and aches set in and novelty wares off. Keep drinking the water! Have you tried reading any diaries if posting in the main section? You'll find it helpful and get loads of support. -x-

Day 4 and I'm 100% :)

I think the keto fairy has arrived. Feels quicker than last time. Sneaky wi this morning and I've lost almost 5lbs. Don't you just love VLCDs :)

Happy Birthday Pinkie for yesterday was it?? Hope you enjoyed your day! :D

xx
Thank you!!! :D Yes, really enjoyed my day, although not so happy about being 40!! :eek:

Lol... ;)

Congrats on your 4lbs by the way!! Woo!! :)

xx

Well today I had a porridge for lunch but suddenly felt very hungry and dizzy when I stood up so had half a chicken breast for dinner with some spanish chicken sauce (v low cal) and a few carrots and green beans. Been eating every 4/5 days to keep me going so not stressed or worried about it - losses been fine in spite of it!

Anyway, tomorrow will be a 100% day and then weigh-in on Sat morning!

BuxomBarrister said:
Well today I had a porridge for lunch but suddenly felt very hungry and dizzy when I stood up so had half a chicken breast for dinner with some spanish chicken sauce (v low cal) and a few carrots and green beans. Been eating every 4/5 days to keep me going so not stressed or worried about it - losses been fine in spite of it!

Anyway, tomorrow will be a 100% day and then weigh-in on Sat morning!

Carbs are more important then cals with this diet. Carrots, green beans, and any thick sauces are all carby. If you don't mind not being in ketosis its fine. But to stay in ketosis you are best off just only having unprocessed meats.

huwiesmummy said:
Carbs are more important then cals with this diet. Carrots, green beans, and any thick sauces are all carby. If you don't mind not being in ketosis its fine. But to stay in ketosis you are best off just only having unprocessed meats.

Agreed x

Uh-Huh... What they said... ^^^ :)

xx

I don't mind not being in ketosis really as am pretty good at handling the hunger generally. In fact I don't think I've been in ketosis at all over the last three weeks - saying that, I only had this as there was a small portion in a bowl in the fridge left-over from husband's dinner! I know they are all carby things (I posted the sticky about ketogenic foods in the recipe section!). I need to stock up on some meats etc for my "eating" days...

I don't mind not being in ketosis really as am pretty good at handling the hunger generally. In fact I don't think I've been in ketosis at all over the last three weeks - saying that, I only had this as there was a small portion in a bowl in the fridge left-over from husband's dinner! I know they are all carby things (I posted the sticky about ketogenic foods in the recipe section!). I need to stock up on some meats etc for my "eating" days...
I think the reason it's important to be in ketosis when on so few daily calories, is so your body burns fat for energy instead of muscle. Muscle mass is what regulates our metabolism as you know, so the larger our muscle mass, the faster our metabolism. Mine is so slow personally, that I wouldn't risk being on a VLCD and not being in ketosis! Lol... If I burnt any of my rather minimal muscle mass, I think my metabolism would stop completely! Hehe...

I joke, but you know what I'm saying. Of course, we all have to do what works for us, and if you've found a groove you can stick to and are losing lbs, then that's what matters I guess, so go for it. :)

xx

I think the reason it's important to be in ketosis when on so few daily calories, is so your body burns fat for energy instead of muscle. Muscle mass is what regulates our metabolism as you know, so the larger our muscle mass, the faster our metabolism. Mine is so slow personally, that I wouldn't risk being on a VLCD and not being in ketosis! Lol... If I burnt any of my rather minimal muscle mass, I think my metabolism would stop completely! Hehe...

I joke, but you know what I'm saying. Of course, we all have to do what works for us, and if you've found a groove you can stick to and are losing lbs, then that's what matters I guess, so go for it. :)

xx

That's very interesting. I didn't know about the burning off fat v burning muscle if not in ketosis... I have minimal muscle mass too!! I would like to hang on to it if possible!!!

That's very interesting. I didn't know about the burning off fat v burning muscle if not in ketosis... I have minimal muscle mass too!! I would like to hang on to it if possible!!!
Ah well, I'm glad I said that now then... :) x

Yeah, that's the reason why some peoples opinion of VLCD's is often so negative. I'm sure we've all had the same response when we say we're on 600 cals a day: "oh VLCD's are so bad as your body just gets used to less calories, and then you just gain it all back when you eat again"...

But of course, they are mistaken when it comes to a plan like Exante or LighterLife. Because we are not losing muscle, but in fact, lbs of fat, so are totally protecting our metabolic rate. Subsequently, when we increase our calories again, we have not damaged our metabolisms and they have not 'slowed down' like they have predicted! Resulting in not gaining the weight back as soon as we eat again! Woo!! :)

And the side effects which people rave about in ketosis, like the lack of hunger and new found energy, well... they're just a bonus, but not the reason why Exante etc are designed the way they are. As far as I know... ;)

xx

You lose muscle mass on any diet, ketosis minimises it to an equivalent-ish level of a 'normal diet' vs starvation. In starvation lean tissue is utilised as it is easy to mobilise. Your heart is made of lean tissue...

You lose muscle mass on any diet, ketosis minimises it to an equivalent-ish level of a 'normal diet' vs starvation. In starvation lean tissue is utilised as it is easy to mobilise. Your heart is made of lean tissue...
Lol... yeah, that's what I meant...

You're just much better at being succinct! Hehe... Thank you! :) xx

Ooo well I certainly dont want to diet my heart away! ;)

Ok Day 5 - had bar for breakfast and just had my shake. Feeling good today and looking forward to weigh-in in the morning. I predict a dramatic slowing down of weightloss from now on but that is fine - hoping to hit 3lb a week at least so hope to be bang-on 12st tomorrow.

May try out the porridge biscuits tonight, not tried that yet!

Back