October Challenge Anybody?

Not weighed myself yet but I'm not expecting the big first weight loss you usually get with a VCLD. I've been low-carbing for a while so I won't have the initial glycogen loss - I'm guessing I don't have big stores! Been ok on it despite the fact I've been used to eating lots of lovely low carb food for a while. I have had green veg most days and a couple of days where I had a piece of cheese but none of that will knock me out of ketosis.

Good to see everyone's getting into the swing..... :D xx

namaste said:
Not weighed myself yet but I'm not expecting the big first weight loss you usually get with a VCLD. I've been low-carbing for a while so I won't have the initial glycogen loss - I'm guessing I don't have big stores! Been ok on it despite the fact I've been used to eating lots of lovely low carb food for a while. I have had green veg most days and a couple of days where I had a piece of cheese but none of that will knock me out of ketosis.

Good to see everyone's getting into the swing..... :D xx

I'm really trying not to snack this time,even though I know its doesn't really affect my weight loss. I am however prepAred to have a ws meal if required. Looking forward to my weigh in. Hope I get a first week loss :) x

Day 5 and I'm well into the swing of things. Not interested in snacking, thankfully. Personally, I find it a very slippy slope that is far too easy to slide down.

I'm not enjoying feeling the cold. I'm about to pop a hot water bottle in my bed so it'll be nice and toasty when I go to bed soon. Might have a quick shower to warm up first. Early night as I'm working tomorrow.

Oo hot water bottle in bed sounds lovely!

We used to have a lovely electric blanket but cant use it as we often have baby in the bed.

Ok so have been 100% today so fingers crossed for weigh-in tomorrow am - hoping for a 3lb loss.

BuxomBarrister said:
Oo hot water bottle in bed sounds lovely!

We used to have a lovely electric blanket but cant use it as we often have baby in the bed.

Ok so have been 100% today so fingers crossed for weigh-in tomorrow am - hoping for a 3lb loss.

Leccy blanket for me :) hence y my babies never got in our bed lol x

Day 5 and I'm well into the swing of things. Not interested in snacking, thankfully. Personally, I find it a very slippy slope that is far too easy to slide down.
yup, I'm with you hun. I just don't have the self control to be able to have just a bit. If I bring in any snacking, it just excavates gradually, and before I know it, I've fallen off the wagon... :(

Not doing that this time... :D

Glad you're in the zone, it's a great place to be!! :)

Good luck everone, looks like there's gonna be some great losses amongst us all! Woo!!

Xx

Ok so had my first weigh-in and 3lbs down :D

Have updated the list:

fayfe -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
vicky84 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
princesskat -14lbs to lose 1.5lbs lost 12.5lbs to go
jelly2010 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
muffin2012 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
suzyqirnbru -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
huwiesmummy -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Loser85 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
BuxomBarrister -14lbs to lose 3lbs lost 11lbs to go
stripeytrousers - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
iwannabeme - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
namaste - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
SerenityLouise - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
WannaBe14Stone - 15lbs to lose 0lbs lost 15lbs to go
Pinkie - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Moosey21 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Susie58 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Time2go - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
sexychick -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Madoody - 10lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
SDUKALE - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Countrycottage - 10lbs to lose 0lbs lost 10lbs to go
deedee261986 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
mrsdetermined2012 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
fittp00 (Penny) - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Debbi8489 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go

Hey guys, so i am absolutely gutted :( I did so well up until yesterday. It was my Nan's funeral yesterday and afterwards my mum had a get together with LOADS of food. I went there feeling strong and determined not to eat, people started noticing that i wasn't eating anything and were waving food in my face saying 'it's only one day, do it for your Nan and go back to your diet tomorrow.' So, their persuasive ways worked and i ended up gorging on crisps, sandwiches, cocktail sausages, the lot! Once i started i couldn't stop. After that, i had this little voice in my head like "well you've failed now, what's the point in carrying on with Exante?" so for the rest of the day i ate and ate and ate. Woke up this morning feeling so guilty, back on track today and hoping i can stick to it. Really hope this don't affect my losses too much, i have nobody to blame but myself. I'm happy to see the rest of you are doing well :D

Well done guys xx

I've found today quite hard, really missing the 'socialness' of eating; lunch out and about with my other half or cooking dinner. Was really tempted to eat at lunch but I didn't and have remained 100% so far for the October Challenge. I think it's because I had an early weight check and I'd only lost 1lb and after reading others results it just made me feel a bit meh. But we'll wait and see what Monday brings, no one ever said it was going to be easy ey!

well for me, I am going to have to weigh in a day early as I am nightshift tomorrow night so my weight on monday will not be a "asleep alnight and just peed weight". I am in on my own tonight and usually have munchies. Found it hard not having these, cut myself some peppers and onion, coverred in harbs, shoved in oven. Thought better of it and turned oven off, so remained 100% today too, even though it was close. Just had my bar and a cup of tea, going to go for a bath and bed. exciting. wonder what tmorrow will bring...

Well done on resisting, another day done and dusted
Good luck for weigh in tomorrow x

I had to weigh a day early as I'm night shift tonight and tomorrow won't be a "slept all night and just peed weight" Nd I've lost 7lbs in 6 days!

fayfe -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
SerenityLouise - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
WannaBe14Stone - 15lbs to lose 0lbs lost 15lbs to go
Pinkie - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Moosey21 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Susie58 -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Time2go - 14lbs to lose 7lbs lost 7lbs to go
sexychick -14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Madoody - 10lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
SDUKALE - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Countrycottage - 10lbs to lose 0lbs lost 10lbs to go
deedee261986 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
mrsdetermined2012 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
fittp00 (Penny) - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go
Debbi8489 - 14lbs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go

Well done time2go! That's fab!

100% for me yesterday and so far so good again today. Going to have my shake soon.

We have guests tonight and DH cooking Sunday roast, not going to have any though - I dont care if they think it is odd! Am aiming for another 3lb loss this week.

BuxomBarrister said:
Well done time2go! That's fab!

100% for me yesterday and so far so good again today. Going to have my shake soon.

We have guests tonight and DH cooking Sunday roast, not going to have any though - I dont care if they think it is odd! Am aiming for another 3lb loss this week.

I'm at mil and she has not made a keto friendly dinner :-( steak pie Nd mash tatties n carrots. I was going to have something if it was keto friendly. Oh well :-(

Instead of having an AAM week, I'm going to have 1 day a week where I eat food. Today is that day! Probably not best to have it the day before weigh in though. Might need to do a bit of re-shuffling. What kind of exercise is everyone doing in addition to exante?

stripeytrousers said:
Instead of having an AAM week, I'm going to have 1 day a week where I eat food. Today is that day! Probably not best to have it the day before weigh in though. Might need to do a bit of re-shuffling. What kind of exercise is everyone doing in addition to exante?

I'm also happy to have a meal here and there. I've decided not to exercise this time but mob only doing it for October. I am missing my running. Which I did start on exante last time. I done that c25k app. Excellent! X

Well done on those great first losses everyone...... flying start :D

I'm just doing lots of walking stripeytrousers. I have some cheap swimming sessions to use up but I just can't face a cozzie yet..... too much cellulite :(

A bit of a mixed day for me today. My daughter visited so we ended up going out for lunch. I chose the least carby option I could find ~ roast chicken. Even though I'm vegetarian I'm realistic and I'm sure the vege option would've been worse, vegetable pie! I ate the chicken, carrots, cauli and broccoli. Everyone else had my roast potatoes, stuffing and yorkshire. No pudding. On the plus side, we walked blerdy miles up and down hills. All in all, not a bad day. Roll on tomorrow :)

Morning all

First weigh in and I'm 9lbs down! Yay! So glad that I stuck to it 100% when I was tempted by peanuts last night ;)

Stripey - I do BodyCombat and BodyPump. I'd also recommend the C25K programme. I nearly completed it, but then I got a puppy! So until I can train my little asbo pup to run alongside me, thats on the back burner :)

fayfe - 14bs to lose 0lbs lost 14lbs to go