off diet/on maintainence/others reactions

jazz

naughty night nurse
been on cd for 11 weeks and am going on holiday,so am off ssing and on maintainance. have lost 4 stone and am looking good ( if i say so myself) but am still at least three /four stone over weight . everybody i meet in the canteen has been giving me the same reaction " thank god your eating again,your not going to go back on it are you"
am seriously fed up with it ,even more fed up than when i was on the diet and being told how bad it was for me . Oh and not forgetting my favourite " you'll put it all back on you know "

end of rant
p.s lost 2 pounds in three weeks on maintainance,dont tell my collegues

I remember the old "you'll put it back on" crap, just take strength in that and make sure you show them that it is possible to lose weight and not put it back on.

And trust your own feelings, your BMI and your GP on whether or not you have reached a final weight that is both healthy and sustainable.

Mike

Well done on your weight loss especially the maintenance pounds. You're doing so well. I know what you mean, its frustrating isn't it. I'm starting to get it all the time. You know you look much better but you're still overweight and not in your healthy BMI. Yet everyone seems to have an opinion. I think all the rapid weight loss confuses them and makes them wonder!!! Or maybe they're just mean and jealous:jelous:!!!!!! Finding weight loss plans like LL and CD is like an epiphony (or at least it has been for me) and I feel like although it won't be easy to maintain a healthy weight its going to be very achievable with the help of LL or CD. So keep strong, tell them eatings all in your plan and that you'll stop when you get to your healthy BMI. Enjoy your maintenance diet and have a great holiday!!!

the funniest thing is eating naughty foods ,and seeing peoples reactions .at work we have hot coconut scones every day ,on sunday i decided as everyone else was having a fry ,i would have a scone and jam . talk about gobsmacked faces,i said,its my been good all week treat ( normally would have had one everyday ) . they dont understand healthy living . its either diet or binge

Just to encourage you or anybody else out there who has or is just finishing abstience. I started LL exactly one year ago and finished last November weighing four stone less. To date I am just 5lbs over the weight I was when I ceased and I know I can rid myself of that.
I won`t kid you it`s easy to keep it off, you have to work at it but it`s more than worth it.
I now run and exercise 4-5 times per week and actually enjoy it! I ran the Race for Life this year and completed the course, running all the way.
My two best post LL moments have been my son`s wedding when I looked great in my fab new outfit and our bi-annual village ball. At all past Summer Balls I have dressed in a `cover up` black jobby (you know what I mean) but this year I splashed out on a fabulous green blingy desinger gown. Husband and I had our photo taken on the way to the marquee and, though I say it myself I looked just great! LOL. Plus the added bonus that I had the energy to dance all night. It`s worth every damn agonising day - so stick at it and good luck.

Last edited:
Back