off/on the cd ...HELP!!!!

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
hi there,

i started cd ss on 31st aug and stuck with it 100% and lost 8.5lb in a week i was delighted but instead of the second week getting easier i found it harder and totally blew it and have been off it for past4 days and have put 7.5lb back on:cry:

my cdc is on holiday til 21st of sept and i havnt weighed in with her since i collected my packs the week before i started so i dont know whether or not this has anything to do with me coming off plan as i know theres no wi until then.

ive decided to get back on the cd on monday and then ill have a full week ond a proper wi at the end of it hopefully with a good loss:D

has anybody else had this problem or am i just so weak and pathetic ???

Jo x

hi jo,
u are by no means weak and pathetic.
this diet is tough. there is no denying that.
It does get easier as time goes on.
i did cd for over 3 months last year and restarted 3 days ago and finding it really tough.
However, i know it gets easier and thats helping me continue. the more weeks into it u are the more distant u are from the ideas of food.
stick with it. when times get tough (and they do with everyone) just remember it WILL get easier and before u know it u will be well on the way to where u want to be.
best of luck

If you get back on it, tough it out into ketosis and be 100% (drink the water too) you'll find that 7.5lb you put on will drop straight off again.

You can do it :D

Josiejo

You have experienced what I went through this summer. Following my birthday at the end of May, I had 2 attempts at doing CD which both lasted about 7 or 8 days. I ended up weighing at least half a stone more that my previous CD start weight when I finally got back on the diet at the beginning of August.
I am not sure why it has been different this time, but I really thought hard about my goals. One of them is that my parents are ageing and I would really like them to see that I can manage my weight as I know that they worry.
Maybe you could think about all the reasons losing weight is so important to you.
Good Luck -you can do it!

thanks guys,

im glad that everyone struggles at some point with this diet.
im determind to give it another shot though starting monday i did feel better once id lost that weight but was so shocked at how quick the weight went back on.
id thought about doing sw or ww instead but somebody said a diet is a diet whether or not food is involved all diets are hard so i may as well do cd as its results are fast:D
i think i may start a journal to record how i feel and ask for any tips etc from you guys on here , what a fantastic site this is,
anyway heres to monday and starting again:D

Jo

welcome back hun and admitting its hard is the first step as your identifiying potential pitfalls already.
the one thing i would ask is why put it off until monday? This weekend, as weekends usually go, are too big an opportunity to binge eat "in preparation" for CD. If you dont want to start CD now, then try cutting out your carbs to help with your transition over to CD as it will help with getting you into ketosis.
i think most people have a motivator of why they choose to lose weight, and whatever yours is, you need to remember it when it gets difficult....so its worth either writing a list, or printing off your dream outfit to fit into and stick it on the fridge!
and having done it before, you know the first couple of days ae rough, so have a plan to occupy yourself to get you through this!
Good luck hun!
xx

thanks lizz you are right why wait til moinday and the honest answer is i dont know its just one of those daft things ...i always start things on a monday lol!!
im not doing a big last binge out though cos i know that the first few days will be much harder if i do.
my reasons for losing weight are for my health and then to look better.
i had a bit of a surprise 3 years ago when i found out i was pregnant( whilst taking the pill) when i already had a 12yr old and 9 yr old and the pregnancy was a double shock as i had twins!!!! the boys are so lovely but they are such hard work and i need to be thin/healthy to keep up with them!! plus i develpoed gestaional diabetes whilst pregnant but consultant said i was more at risk of developing diabetes later in life as i did have it in pregnancy and i hated injecting myself with insulin (im such a baby, but think all nurse are lol!)

i also want to lost 3 stone by xmas and get a lovely dress:D

i managed fine through the day its an evenig once twins are in bed that i find difficult ill have to plan to do thingd but im so tired after work then sorting boys out etc ive no energy to do anything:(

thanks for your advice and well done on you fab weight loss

Jo

CD is all about breaking habits hun, so why not start tomorrow instead of monday? I used to find starting diets on a monday mentally impossible as it was in at the deep end! At least if you start tomorrow you will have the kids to keep you busy.
Also, write a list of things to keep you busy in the evenings....even if its just a hot bath and an early night...but anything to keep your mind off food hun!
I spend a LOT of time on here, watching old DVD's and window shopping online! :)

x

Jo what Lizzie has said it spot on. I found days 1 to 9 the hardest and I failed so many re-starts I didn't even get past day 3 until now. Start tomorrow, just do it. Break the mental thing of started things on a Monday. I started on a Wednesday and weigh-ins are Wednesdays for me. Keep a diary on the forum that helped me loads this time around. read other diary posts on here. You can do it. You've proved to yourself you stuck at it for 7 days so you have control/willpower. It gets easier for a while but it is not plain sailing. So each time you have to remind yourself why you are doign this and it is not forever only until you can manage/control what you eat. I am on the same journey as are many others on the forum so let's stick to it together.

Hi, everyone has posted really sensible advice. I, like you have problems in the evenings. I am absolutely fine during the day as Im stuck at a desk and don't keep anything that I might nibble at. I used to find the evenings were a problem though and I got hungry around 9ish. I now have my breakfast shake at lunchtime, my lunchtime one at 6 and then a lovely hot chocolate around 9. Its easier for me not to eat in the mornings as they are my busiest time. I did worry that eating so late in the day would make my metabolism stall but this week (first week of doing things like this) I lost 6lbs. I was always bad at eating first thing in the morning. Does it matter what time you have your shakes?

i also want to lost 3 stone by xmas and get a lovely dress:D

Ah yes, a little black dress - I'm looking forward to that. I only ever had a big black tent for Christmas parties and never the LBD.

Had not even thought about Christmas parties. This will be the first year I will be able to chose a dress based on me liking it rather than having to have whatever was available in my size.

Back