Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

off swimming....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kellybeeb, 13 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

Im well scared!!! :eek::eek: got my cossy on and i look ok apart from my legs its like a control costume so it hides a bit of flab which i guess is making my legs look even bigger!

Atleast going to the pool shows i am doing something and i have my OH there so i probably will be fine once in the pool!

I have got my induction at the gym on Wednesday where they will work out a program to suit me whilst on this diet so i will be a bit of a gym bunny from now on lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Well done Kelly, hope it goes well/went well. Very brave... I used to love swimming bit when I was really big I was so shy of the pool. Think I will get back into it now, my fave sort of exercise, but sadly the pool is 3/4 hr drive away!!! Grrr. Your attitude is inspiring - know I have to bite the bullet and get exercising now... maybe this week is a good time to start. Have fun!

xxx

4. mooncat

mooncat loves the moon and cats!

Diet:
    weight to go
    Hi kellybeeb,
    I was thinking of starting swimming again, as it's now free for 60 and over. OMG that makes me feel so old but I don't think of myself as old it's just when I see it in black and white :D

5. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

I'm just waiting for my partner to finish work, i think swimming has alays been something ihave enjoyed once i get over the inital fear that some one is going to say something or getting looks, but its a a gym so surly there will be more than 1 big person there?

And Mooncat your only as old as you feel which doesnt work so well for me i feel about 30 but only just turning 21 lol!

6. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Hi Kelly. well done for getting into the water....
    Last year I was swimming 20 lengths 3 times a weeka nd will be starting again as soon as the kids go back to school.... I am also going to give aquarobics a go,... have never done that before, but in for a penny in for a pound...
    In our area we get reduced rates for locals so going to take advantage.

x

7. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

I dont know how much i did but got in there at 5.40 got out at 6.40 the most embarrasing thing didnt even happen in the pool, i couldnt get though the turnstyles cos i was swipping my card the wrong way lol!!!

I feel tired but feel better for doing it, im going to take up classes boxercise and on of the pool ones i think.

I just had my last shake and drinking water like nobodies business!!

8. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done! :) Swimming for me was a nightmare - a real hard one to overcome.. I did so at 17st and was relieved to see I wasn't the biggest in the pool!

I'm sure that you weren't the biggest either, and am really pleased the most embarrasing thing was the entry system! ;)

9. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    hi hun its horrid getting in the pool,i dint go swimming for 20 years in this country as i was too ashamed but........shave your legs and any fuzzy bits haha and it is so fab i go all the time now 8 seconds from the rooms to the pool you can do it babe.....it only gets embarressing when a bloke starts giving you the eye haha!!
    xx

10. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done you!!
    Swimming is fab exercise.. Something I keep saying Im going to do!!
    Hmm I might have to give that a go some time very soon .
    Good on you !

11. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    I think you should go hun when youre there it really isnt that bad
    x

12. emma237

emma237 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    309lb
    Current Weight:
    175lb
    Goal Weight:
    159lb
    Lost(%):
    134lb(43.37%)
    Well done for braving it! I used to go every week day and swim 50 lengths, i used to love it and really feel the difference. You have really made me think about starting again! Thank you x

13. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    I'm thinking of starting again, went looking at a gym on Saturday, nice pool ect its £40 per month is this average or expensive, I looked at another gym that was £30 but the pool was tiny. I don't want to go tothe local pool, too many kids from school there

14. Camille19

Camille19 Member

hi.. swimming is a nice exercise.. just don't abuse it.. ok?! Do other exercises first before you go swimming, but rest for a little while..

You can do it dear! :)

15. Kellybeeb

Kellybeeb Full Member

Yeah well i have been doing a fair few lengths trying not to over do it and make myself ill.

Trisha mine is £50 a month, with a big pool 2 whirpool baths a suana steam room and every piece of equipment has a telly on it lol, so 40 is good.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.