off the wagon

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Toastcat, 5 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Toastcat

Toastcat New Member

Well, I'm one week in and last night fell spectacularly off the ketosis wagon. Went to a friends house to watch a film, and made sure I had a big, Atkins friendly meal before going over there. Being a good hostess (and not realising I was doing Atkins), she had laid on loads of carb snacks - pretzles, pringles, etc. Managed to resist for a couple of hours, but in the end gave in. Didn't eat loads, but definately ate enough to get me out of ketosis I think (although not using the testing strips, so can't be sure). I feel quite demoralised that I lost control in that way - almost feels as though the good work I have done over the last week has been completely cancelled out :cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    Don't be hard on yourself, Toast, we've all been there :) And it's pretty hard to resist nibbles when everyone else is tucking in :)

Just go back to the good Atkins eating and the damage might not be as bad as you think - and it shows that a bit of planning ahead can really help in social situations. Either let your friends know you're doing low carb and tell them what you CAN eat - or get some bags of pork scratchings and salami and take them with you - that way, you can all munch away happily :)

Susie

4. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. It won't be all cancelled out, maybe just a little dent. At the worst, your weight loss will be a little slower.

IMO, don't bother with the strips - too many variables that can affect them - how de/hydrated you are etc. Don't pay too much attention to them!

5. Toastcat

Toastcat New Member

Thanks guys, some good advice. I did actually think about taking some atkins friendly snacks but thought that if I had a meal before going I'd be able to resist! (clearly lacking a little in self knowledge there!). Anyway, back on track today, and since today is my one week anniversary took the opportunity to measure myself and found I'd lost about an inch from my hips, waist and upper arms, so pretty happy with that!

6. Quak

Quak Gold Member

See , not too much damage done there :)

7. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    yes dont beat yourself up. Im lucky everyone knows im doing atkins so they have sossies and bits of meat for me to eat.
    I has pizza on friday night and was back in ketosis yesterday. usually takes much longer.

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Well done TC, yes it's best not to obsess, we've all fallen off the wagon at one time or another.

9. tazbabe

tazbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.39%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    i had 2 crisps at work last night.

and do ya know, wasn't really fussed for them!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.