Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Off to a good start - Sarah's Diary

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diaries' started by Slimmingsarah, 17 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Slimmingsarah

Slimmingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.63%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley GI Jeans Diet
    Well after reading the posts on this forum for a few weeks now I've decided to start a diary to keep me on track!

I've decided now is the time that the extra lbs that have crept on over the last 5 years have got to go before anymore attach themselves to me! Being a shortie at 5ft any extra weight is noticeable and I would like to get back to being slim and weighing around 8 - 8 1/2 stone.

I have been following Rosemary Conley's Ultimate GI Jeans Diet for 5 weeks now and have lost 15lbs, going from 11st 6 to 10st 5. I'm going on holiday at the end of August and would like to be at my target weight of 8st 6 (but I'd be happy at anything under 9st).

I'm finding the diet really easy to stick to mostly (although eating out and going to the in-laws are the hardest parts!) and I try to do some exercise at least 5 times a week.

A typical day is 30g special k and skimmed milk for breakfast, a piece of fruit mid morning, a ham salad sandwich on wholegrain bread for lunch, another piece of fruit mid afternoon and then a proper dinner with meat, veg, new potatoes or 50g basmati rice. I allow a 100cal treat each day too.

So fingers crossed that the weight keeps coming off and I can buy a new bikini to celebrate in time for holiday!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Good luck, you seem to be doing all the right things and are in a positive frame of mind....so go for it girl, that bikini is in sight :)

4. Slimmingsarah

Slimmingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.63%)
    Diet:
    Thank you RainbowRose. Congratulations on your loss so far!! Weighed in yesterday and have lost another 2lbs yay!

5. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    wow, great result, well done :)

Keep at it!

(thanks for support :) )

6. Slimmingsarah

Slimmingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.63%)
    Diet:
    Just had a bit of a motivation boost - decided to see if I could fit into some old size 12 clothes and I could :)! I'm actually starting to feel slimmer and although I still have just under 2 stone to go I can feel the difference that my weight loss so far has made.

Let's hope it keeps going well!!

7. SugarBlomme

SugarBlomme In it for the long haul..

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Ketogenic diet and generally more active lifestyle
    Sounds like you're doing great!! It helps so much to get a boost like you ahve today :)

Keep positive :)

x

8. Slimmingsarah

Slimmingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.63%)
    Diet:
    Well I'm 6 1/2 weeks into my weight loss and still feeling really good about it. I'm finding the healthy eating easy and enjoying food alot more without butter/oils etc.

Just had a bite of my boyfriend's BLT with chicken sandwich and although it did taste nice I'm not left wanting more! I can't actually believe that I used to eat sandwiches on rolls as big as his (a side plate size) and still manage to eat chocolate and what not afterwards!!

I think one of the biggest things I have noticed is how big my portion sizes used to be. Looking back it was clear to see that a 5ft 8st woman eating a 6ft 4 and 18st man's portion size wasn't a good idea and was only going to end up with a fat woman at the end of it!! Luckily I came to my senses and it has been downwards(on the scales) from there!

Just hope this positivity continues....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.