Offer/Voucher Query

teens74

Hi All

right I want to join (again) before the new year as I think it may help me stay focused before and during xmas rather than gain a disgusting amount as I would normally do...

However funds are very very very tight. So does anyone know if there are any newspapers or mags offering free joining offers as I really would just prefer to pay for the class at the mo rather than the £10 joining fee

Many thanks and happy slimming

x

Have you been on their website? Theres usually a voucher on there

TY, there is an offer on the sw site but it is one week free. So have to pay the £10 joining fee :-(

anyone else aware of any offers please.... every penny counts for me at the moment

I know how you feel on that. Why not do it from home for now? I got a CD from ebay for £1.50 and it has all the starter pack on it. It will do me until i can afford to go to class again.

I REALLY need to go to class, have been trying to do it alone since July and have only succeded in gaining weight :-( but thanks x

There was an offer on that I saw recently which was half price joining fee, so you only paid 10 for joining and first week... I think!

But I'm not 100% sure if that was just for November.

There is nearly always an offer on - it switches between half price joining fee and pay the weekly fee (so £9.95 on your first night) or full joining fee, but first week free (so £10 on your first night). There's usually vouchers in magazines and stuff, but really, they are just an advert - you don't need the coupon - its on offer regardless (which did lead to confusion the first time I realised this - angry folks wondering why people without vouchers were paying the same as people with - that wasnt a fun night!)

Im on the pay and weigh and sign in the new members and have NEVER taken more than £10 in total for their joining fee + first week - I can't guarantee it will be the same every week, but certainly has been every time I've been on duty (barring holiday that's since May of this year). There must be occasional weeks when its full price - otherwise its breaking the law - but I'm yet to see it (like when Currys/DFS etc advertise their sale prices - they have to prove the items were on sale at the full price for at least a certain period of time). If you want to make sure, give the consultant a call before you come.

If you have cash to spare upfront (which I'm guessing you dont) buying a countdown gets you one week free (get 6 weeks for the price of 5 or 12 for 10). I think they also have an offer on at the moment where you get a free week if you bring a friend - so sign up for yourself first, then bring a friend next week to get the free week (if you join together though i dont think you get it)

Also - have you spoken to your doctor/nurse practitioner? This does vary depending on where you live, but in my local area you can get free vouchers for up to 24 weeks of slimming world if you have a BMI that brings you into the obese category. I agree its totally unfair that its not available in all local authority areas - but to my mind -if its there - its there to be used, so make the most of it!

Just a quick call to your local surgery could save you around £130!

Thanks everyone

I have been to the drs and they dont do that at my surgery :-( and I am aware of all the countdown offers etc

was just hoping for a mag voucher that meant i didnt have to pay memebership fee and could just pay for 1 week class. I know it is only a tenner to do the offer mentioned but to me that is two weeks classes i could have gone to

Not too worry, thanks again

our consultant mentioned an offer in one of the ladies mags ( can't remember the name of it, sorry..) that was free membership, just pay for the meeting.. but that was about 3-4 weeks ago so it might not be valid anymore...

alternatively, go and be "introduced" by a friend and they get a week free so you could split the difference afterwards, but that still means fronting up the joining fee..

our consultant mentioned an offer in one of the ladies mags ( can't remember the name of it, sorry..) that was free membership, just pay for the meeting.. but that was about 3-4 weeks ago so it might not be valid anymore...

alternatively, go and be "introduced" by a friend and they get a week free so you could split the difference afterwards, but that still means fronting up the joining fee..

Thank you x

Back