Official start

jluk74

I am starting the low GI diet tomorrow, it took me a week to go through the book and make a shopping list and actually go shopping.

One thing I am a bit worried about is serving sizes. I know some foods you are to limit on servings like breads, pasta and rice, but what about other food like cottage cheese? A normal serving is fine but if you are really hungry can you have two. Or should I not measure at all? I am use to doing Weight Watchers where you measure everything and wonder if I will find this hard to do. I stopped WW as I was eating all the wrong foods and eating mostly carbs. When I found out about this I thought it could get me to have a balanced diet.

What book are you following? Have you read more than one and find some are better than others?

Hiya hon

Welcome and good luck.

I mainly follow Rick Gallop's living the gi diet as I lost alot of weight with this before. I too try to be cautious with portion sizes but if its on the green light page which cottage cheese is then I just put a good few dollops with my spud or crackers or salad and then I tend to eat all this and see how I feel 10 mins after, if I am still feeling ravenous which you wont be then have more.

Although its green light you dont want to be eating heaps and heaps of it. Some control is recommended LOL

I also find if after I am hungry I have some fruit - a pear or an orange. You will soon get in the zone.

Collins little gem have a brill gi book a couple of us have from amazon.

All the best and start a diary :)

xxxxxxxx

Well I did it, day 1 down! I am very happy with myself. I can't say I was hungry, it was more of a "I'm on a diet I want to eat" mood. But I kept on plan and did well.

As for servings once I made the effort I had no problem "sticking" to smaller sizes. I just made sure I did not pile a huge amount of anything that did not have a certain serving size.

mum_of_one...What I do have to ask is with your food diary, you do not eat much compared to what I had yesterday. Am I doing this wrong? Or I may just be looking at it different as we are not eating the same foods.

What I had was:

Breakfast
Kashi w/milk
Cottage cheese

Snack
Almonds

Lunch
Turkey on 100% Stone Ground Bread 1 slice w/Fat Free Cheese
pasta
green beans
lettuce w/FF dressing

Snack
Forgot to have one

Dinner
chicken
pasta
carrots

Snack
Kashi w/milk

I stuck to servings sizes for items like pasta and did less when it came to meat as I am not much of a meat eater.

From my weight yesterday to today I lost 1 lb! A bit shocked but hey if it keeps going like this yeah!!!

Ok that worked but I cannot post new threads. Do they need to be looked at by a mod first? As that is the message I am getting when I try to post my food diary. Hum?

Hi jluk74,

We have a spam filter which automatically moderates new posts it sees as spam and it sometimes confuses posts that are that bit longer than usual at the start.

It should be okay from here on.

Love Mini xxx

Well I did it, day 1 down! I am very happy with myself. I can't say I was hungry, it was more of a "I'm on a diet I want to eat" mood. But I kept on plan and did well.

As for servings once I made the effort I had no problem "sticking" to smaller sizes. I just made sure I did not pile a huge amount of anything that did not have a certain serving size.

mum_of_one...What I do have to ask is with your food diary, you do not eat much compared to what I had yesterday. Am I doing this wrong? Or I may just be looking at it different as we are not eating the same foods.

What I had was:

Breakfast
Kashi w/milk
Cottage cheese

Snack
Almonds

Lunch
Turkey on 100% Stone Ground Bread 1 slice w/Fat Free Cheese
pasta
green beans
lettuce w/FF dressing

Snack
Forgot to have one

Dinner
chicken
pasta
carrots

Snack
Kashi w/milk

I stuck to servings sizes for items like pasta and did less when it came to meat as I am not much of a meat eater.

From my weight yesterday to today I lost 1 lb! A bit shocked but hey if it keeps going like this yeah!!!

Well done on 1lb loss already. I had a bad first week but I am sure it was period related. I really do suffer with them.

Sherry on here mentioned she thought I didnt eat enough and I dont think I was but I am trying to get more in. I worry as I know its green light but when I am eating it all I worry can I really lose weight? It does work though.

My menu is better for today. Really trying!! Keep going. You are doing great so far. When is your weigh in day?

xx

My weigh in day is Monday. But I had to check today as I just had to! Glad I did it was a great motivator!

Also I exercised! I am shocked I did it but I was watching TV and a guy on the telly was walking on a treadmill and I said "hey" and got on my exercise bike. I rode 30 minutes and did 8 miles! Wow I never have energy in the afternoon so something is changing.

That is brill!!! Well done. Its amazing, it does give you more energy. My weigh in day is today so heading to my diary! Lost 3lbs this week so I am chuffed

Back