Official weekly weigh in.

New girl

Well this is my first time on Dukan

First time joining one of these blogs posts [ com puter moron here]

Went to a girls reunion this week, we have been friends for 30 years..
My girlfriend lives in New York, same height and age as me [ 54 and 5'3 ]
I looked like a whale next to her

we are both petite & small boned for those who think my current 138lbs not too much
:)
our other best friend has lost 30lb on Dukan

So here goes !
Any tips and advice welcomed

Hope you out there will spur me on

Started the day with not so disgusting oatbran cake
lots of water
no carbs yet
not yet crazed with hunger

hmm
this isnt so bad!

Well done Laura and welcome mummyyum.

Weigh-in week 3 (a little early as rushing away tomorrow) and 3lb loss :) Happy as that's nicely within my comfort zone for the weekend.

So a little debauchery in the 'big smoke' over the weekend then back to Dukan on Monday with a vengence.

Im going to take my last weeks weight gain as a no loss/gain and happy to say i have lost 1.2kg this week. Down to 74.7kg on new scales and only 6.7kg to go (sorry to you pound people :) ) Cant be happier with that as it has been a bad week being sick and going to a babies funeral but no matter how bad the week is as long as i stick to the food (drinks are different) its ok lol

Sue

Well done Sean, great loss there, and well done sue, (you have had a difficult week xxx)

A bit disappointed I only lost 1/2 a lb, so no change on the ticker. I did update it as I didnt realise it did parts of a lb. Anyway I went on the wii this morning too and it told me I had lost 10lbs since I was on it 3 months ago so thats a bit of a boost. Oh well no TOTM this week so should see a better loss next week.

Last edited:
hey at least there was a loss Cathy I hope when totm finally appears I cant get through with out a gain
Sue with such a tough week you done great |I am like you as long as I stick to the diet !!!xxx

I hope you are OK, Sue, what a difficult week. Well done on losing (and I'm more at home with kilos too).

Well done Sean, enjoy your weekend.

Well done on losing your 1/2 lb, Cathy. Look at my sig - I lost so much more once the old hag had left the building compared to the previous week!

Hello all, and what a week we've all had!
Sue - so sorry to hear about your sad week...
I'm a kilo girl too but do get the calculator out on weigh in day!

I'm the lowest I've been since July 9th weigh in (prior to holiday) so I'm pretty pleased. I'm not sticking strictly to Dukan this time, but don't talk about that on the board (although I ought to open a diary for my own sake probably, and those who venture in there do so at their own peril!!), but I am doing at least four days a week... and walking FAST between 5 and 7km each morning it's not raining!

So 71.9K, 11 stone 4lbs, 158.2lbs... whatever you want...

but best of all for me is that my HEAD is in the right place. I think we all find what works best for us and allowing myself a "little" seems to have helped a "lot"... Interesting that a couple of you have mentioned "so long as we stick to the food" because my thing would be rather "so long as I don't eat alone...".

Last edited:
Well done everyone going downwards.

2.2lb for me this week. Bit disappointed as thats only .2 since monday, have been up and down all week TOTM to blame partly but also am aware I'm not eating enough(been skipping/not finishing meals due to work). Will try harder this week.

Any loss is GOOD loss!

So people keep saying, but I find 1/2 a lb is too easy to put back on, you only need a tiny bit too much salt or to eat a bit later or not drink enough in the day to day scheme of things. Got to stop weighing everyday, but I have been doing that for years because of Atkins. It doesnt even make any difference in my mind, if I weigh and are heavier it doesnt make me not want to eat or anything, it just makes me feel bad. Same as if its less, it doesnt make me want to eat less it just makes me glad its gone down. Its crap really and silly, but need to get out of it, but its like a comfort thing now, nothing to do with the weight, it makes me feel like I might eat too much if I dont weigh, but I know it doesnt make any difference if I do weigh, aaarrrggghhh. got to stop

well done people.
Im foregoing my wi today, but my pups are putting on nicely ;)
will WI next friday ;)

Morning all. I am off out tonight and away early to town tomorrow so, weighing in today as will be eating late tonight. lost 1lb which is good this week. I love looking at the number on the scales now, this is the lightest I have been in ages. Without being either dehydrated or ill lol

Woop well done :D
nearly at your first goal!

Well done Cathy!

Well done Cathy, good steady losses.

My weigh-in for this week (was always going to be a challenge) and despite last weekend a 1lb loss :)

Delighted with that, and focussed for the next 7 days

well i had a grand total loss of 100g :eek:

but considering i ate half of my husbands hungry jacks (burger king) hamburger last weekend and some fried chicken from KFC and chips on wednesday im considering myself lucky. Have to try and stay focused to get the next 6.5kg off. I think now that i have lost 10kg i am losing interest.

Absolutely brilliant Sean... I don't know whether you get around much to read the other diaries, but I've bought a book which might be of interest to you at some stage in your proceedings... (see my diary).

My weigh in:
- 600g down (1.3lbs) on last Friday which delights me. As you probably all know, I'm no longer doing pure Dukan, and am including a restricted treat meal and fruit three times a week.

So any downward trend means "better behaviour" so I'm pleased.

I'm sorry to hear that Kids.. (about the losing interest part!). Perhaps participate more in the forum... check out the recipes? Rejig your menus? The first time I did this diet I think I lived on steamed salmon, peeled prawns and roast chicken! I lost the weight fast but boy was I bored!! And had I learned anything? Nah!

So good luck at getting back your Dukan diet mojo! (and hey you lost eating all that stuff so just imagine if you hadn't!)

I know, i am so annoyed with myself because the 6kg would be only 4kg or so if I hadn't of been slipping up a couple of times over the past two weeks. Im finding myself eating stuff that I usually wouldnt even consider (like a kids lolly or a piece of chocolate).

The worst thing for me is all I eat is chicken because i dont like seafood or steak!!!!!!!!!! And sometimes the thought of eggs makes me feel ill lol, thank god for the oatbran porridge, its my saviour. The only thing working in my favor is that i havent done ANY excercise (apart from running after the kids all day and housework) so as of next week im going to start doing that everyday, be really strict with the diet and lose the last of my weight so i can go onto consolidation and have some strawberries..... if they are allowed. :)

Back