Oh. Damn.

Pete since you have chosen to eat, try the Paul Mckenna system he claims you can shift weight and knowing a friend who has trained with him, he tells me its real and very successful. So the idea is eat slowly 20 chews between each swallow and leave something on your plate always.

Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Pete - another option would be to go to a chemist and get the Lipotrim diet packs - another VLCD Abstainance diet. Or even Cambridge as far as that goes. Just an idea....the chemist's do not require any doctors approvals, etc., as far as I know, and would keep you on 4 packs a day.

Scary stuff - and I know you are strong, but as Anna said - even the strong can struggle, much to their suprise, so if you CAN stay abstainant, that would be great.

You have a few options. Let us know what you decide! :)

Firstly BL i love the new Avatar :)

I did not know that about the chemist that is very interesting

YES H

And Pete,
Have a large glass of water a few minutes before your meal, always sit at the table, don't just pick in the litchen because it's easier, remember to put your knife and fork down between mouthfuls. ENJOY.
Keep a food diary.
Have some fruit/veg snacks easily available e.g. celery,peppers, chick peas whizzed up with garlic, low fat yougurt and lemon juice .
Chopped up fruit. in case you get tempted.

You see, I know all the THEORY !!!!!
I think we are all feeling panic on your behalf. Good luck Pete. I hope the excitement of buying your first home will keep you on track. xxxx

Last edited:
Pete, I really hope this goes well for you!! I had a horrible dream about LL last night, all kicked off by your dilemma I think!

I'm keeping everything crossed for you that you are as successful as you are sure you are going to be - I can only go on my own feelings of panic if it was me having to eat this week so close to goal and RTM. I know that you have a fab attitude and a steely determination, so I feel a little less worried because of this, but I'm still praying that you come through unscathed to complete the journey.

Great tips on the eating front from the experienced amongst us, so if you can keep to what they've advised it will all be good!

SB said:
I think we are all feeling panic on your behalf!

lol is that why I'm not feeling it then, you lot are doing it for me? :p It's strange though, when I think of RTM I feel a bit anxious about it, and yet I haven't been worried at all about being in this predicament, it's just been like "huh? Oh, I have to eat something? OK then."

Maybe because I know that even if I was to gain, I can just drop it off again next week as this isn't "the end", so to speak :)

Oh, and good news!
The snow is melting away and my LLC says he will try his best to get to me tomorrow afternoon :)

I've had a nice, sensible lunch today of salad, tuna and 1 slice of brown bread, though now I know I should be able to see my LLC tomorrow I am gutted as I may not have needed to eat that after all!

Oh well. It hasn't tempted me to eat anything else, and same as last night I stopped when I knew I had had enough. The main thing I've found is that I kinda 'feel' heavier, in my stomach - it's a weird feeling to have f**d in me again; I don't like it! lol

Anyway, all is going well, and fingers crossed I shouldn't need to have anything else besides packs again now.

I think I might give being weighed this week a miss though, if I have a low loss I'll just feel a bit down about it, and if I still have an ok-ish loss I don't want to risk getting the mentality of "I can have X and Y and still lose!"

So this'll stay as my not-quite-according-to-plan week and I'll leave it as that :p

I think I might give being weighed this week a miss though, if I have a low loss I'll just feel a bit down about it, and if I still have an ok-ish loss I don't want to risk getting the mentality of "I can have X and Y and still lose!"

So this'll stay as my not-quite-according-to-plan week and I'll leave it as that :p

Dude, that sounds like a good idea!

Be careful eating bread - that is not introduces in RTM untill the penultimate week because its such high (useless) carbs......I know you may habve your packs tomorrow - but if you don;t - you might want to steer clear of all carbs.

In the RTM forum, there is a sticky called "Curious about RTM" and it has each weeks foods listed...might be worth a look - just in case you don;t get your packs today.

I must admit, I worry for you too Pete - but - I think I worry about you less then I would most - but its a very slippery slope, and I have seen very strong people fall - some got back up - others did not. And I would not have expected any of them not to have - they were very strong.....so I really hope you get your packs tomorrow.

I know as you say if you gain anyting you can lose it. As long as you get back on track right away, and the eating hasn't opened a trigger for you.

Really hoping it turns out for you - and Anna - and others making food decisions. I understand why you all are having to or choosing to make these decisions - but it does make me worry. - only casue yer all so special, don;t want any heartache to come to any of your ways. :)
Been posting here for a long time, and have seen a lot of plans go astray - but, I do have faith in you. :)

xx

Thanks BL, and awww I love that you all feel worried for me! :D
I think the simple fact that actually, I don't *want* to be eating is what's made the difference - I haven't gone "oooh, I can have some fo this... and that..... and try this....." and so on, I've tried to keep it simple and am really hoping I can get my packs tomorrow as I simply don't want to be eating f**d at all!

It's a shame I didn't know earlier that I could well have the packs tomorrow afternoon, else I would have just not had anything at all today and dealt with it.

Oh well, can't change the past - can create the future! :D

Great attitude as usual!

I know its too late now, but I thought I was going to be in a similar position this week but managed to get to my LLC after all (although she didnt hold any classes). Apparently a lot of people buy a few extra food packs each week in case of a disaster which prevents them from getting to their weekly meeting, so I think i may do that in future

I definately am, this week I am going to buy 2 weeks' worth and always keep 7 days' worth of them "in stock" for the duration of LL (providing me LLC will let me, of course! though I don't see why he wouldn't)

I probably won't get bars though, just 27 days' shakes, as it would be tempting fate I think to have 7 'extra' bars in the cupboard :p

I have no idea how I missed this thread! Anyway I hope you get your packs tomorrow if not I would say good luck but you don't need it, your head is and always has been in the right place (mutters under her breath about pete being a teachers pet :p) so no matter what happens I know you'll be fine :) and hitting your remaining targets soon!

xXx

Wonder how much they will charge? I bought 2 weeks worth last Tuesday as I am going away for the week for work but they charged me the £132!

Wonder how much they will charge? I bought 2 weeks worth last Tuesday as I am going away for the week for work but they charged me the £132!
Yep I think that's right. Not really sure how it breaks down, but looking at the charges on RTM as you introduce meals and reduce packs it does seem that the £66 is a flat charge for the packs (roughly £2.35 each). Heaven knows what the LLC gets them for because presumably they have to cover their counselling time and room hire etc?:confused:

Nope, my stand in LLC confirmed when people complained a few months back that we weren't getting enough of the counselling that we should be because our counsellor had gone off sick, that we only pay for packs. The counselling is actually free as part of the service, that's why the price goes down as the packs get less, but we still get the counselling each week.

Back