Oh dear - regained 6 lb!

Tbag

Hi all

So I successfully did Cambridge diet for 3 months last August and managed to lose 2.5st by December 1st.:)

Decided to try and lose the last 1/2 stone on my own because I was bored of shakes and bars, but actually I have ended up putting on 6 lbs over the last 6 months! :mad:

Now I have my brothers wedding on Saturday and need to lose the 6 lbs as well as continuing on and losing that final 1/2 stone.

So I plan to be 100% on S&S for the next 5 days, then off plan for saturday / sunday, then back on it for another 2 weeks before I go to USA for 2 weeks. Not all great timing but if I don't start now, I will only gain even more in USA!! :confused:

Help! Can I lose 6lb in 5 days??

Last edited:
Help! Can I lose 6lb in 5 days??

Hi,

I don't know if you will lose 6lb in 5 days, but surely it has got to be worth a go - plus sticking to the regime for two weeks after you will certainly lose some before your trip.

Personally I would rather get in the right frame of mind to start and continue once I returned from my holiday, keep stopping and starting would mess me up, but everybody is different. Perhaps dieting in a more traditional way would be more beneficial, sticking to low calorie/ low carb or similar would enable you to lose quite a bit before you go away and means you could also stay on plan for your brother's wedding. Then hit the VLCD 100% when you get home.

Just a thought - good luck :)

I agree with hollycat, just be careful with what you eat before the wedding, if you we're to do S&S for a few days it wouldn't be real weight you were losing just glycogen so why bother. Get all your events out the way and then you can focus on your weight 100% and commit to a vlcd :)

I agree with the others.It would probably be better to wait till you get back to commit to it 100%.

I'm new to VLCD but based on my experience of other diets I've done in the past I'd say go for it.

I find I can easily lose 5 pounds in the first few days and, whilst it will be mostly water and waste matter rather than fat, it leaves me with a flatter stomach and makes my clothes fit better. Not to mention it makes me feel great about myself. Imagine stepping on the scales on Saturday morning and feeling thinner, then feeling comfortable in your wedding outfit. It will leave you elated for the whole day so you can really relax and enjoy it instead of worrying about looking fat.

Maybe other people are more well adjusted than me and wouldn't let their weight set the mood for the rest of their day, but I know if I was going to a wedding I'd usually feel really self conscious, but if I was 6lbs lighter I'd be ecstatic all day! And even if you can't lose all 6lbs being 3lbs lighter would be awesome too, and certainly better than nothing!

Good luck whatever you decide!

I agree with the others but also think its worth trying. I suppose being 'off' for two days could clinch it, how much 'off' do you want to be? You could enjoy things but not go mad about it and then you'll be ready for two good weeks and should smash the target by the holiday maybe do a mini re-feed.
In the 5 days you could technically drop 6lbs, it would mostly be water but that can still make you look a bit slimmer (it does for me, my belly goes flatter -but then it swells up as soon as I eat carbs!)
All in all though, id say better to try that not bother at all! :)

Back