Oh dear The Original S&S Oatmeal!

RenewMe

I was a little dubious when it came to trying the Original Oatmeal this morning.
I am not sure if I cooked it incorrectly, but I am somewhat a porridge connoisseur, however.... the result was the consistency of scrambled egg and the taste of cold sweet mash potato :eek: Not a good start to the day!!!! xxx

Horses for courses - I love it :heartpump: :)

Horses for courses - I love it :heartpump: :)

Hey BordersGirl!

BUT... Did I cook it incorrectly? Or is that the way it is supposed to turn out??:eek:
but...
I am on the verge of leaving CD & bought a few S&S sample packs and I loved all of them barring that one, how:yuk:ever
, it was not inedible, AND it did actually fill me up until lunchtime!!!! x

PS: AMAZING weight loss by you by the way:D

Mine is quite light / fluffy so I suppose you could liken it to scrambled egg. I microwave it until it starts to rise up, stir it, put it back in for a little bit longer (watching that it doesn't overflow), leave to stand for a few minutes and then eat. It's one of those things that people either love or hate I think. Personally I don't like the sweet porridge (but wasn't too bad once I'd masked the taste with sweetener :)).

There are so many S&S packets I'd just keep on trying out things until you find the ones that you really like.

Same as you Bg, I cook it until it rises then stir, sometimes I add in a bit of extra water and half a ton of cinnamon, love it, very filling indeed

I love the oatmeal too - although when I was at my sisters it refused to make properly and was vile! I wonder whether it is OK in soft water areas and not nice in hard water areas? The good news is that those people who hate the oatmeal normally love the sweet porridge - and vice versa.

I am a huge real porridge lover but Oatmeal was the only pack I don't like :( It had a strange savoury taste, even with sweetner and the consistency was like semolina, but I love all the other packs, thank goodness for the sample packs eh :)

Mine is quite light / fluffy so I suppose you could liken it to scrambled egg. I microwave it until it starts to rise up, stir it, put it back in for a little bit longer (watching that it doesn't overflow), leave to stand for a few minutes and then eat. It's one of those things that people either love or hate I think. Personally I don't like the sweet porridge (but wasn't too bad once I'd masked the taste with sweetener :)).

There are so many S&S packets I'd just keep on trying out things until you find the ones that you really like.

I may experiment with the porridge by adding more/less water and see how I go. I guess I could get used to it... I have done this with other packs and they turned out to be my favourites in the end! I ate it all in the end as I hate waste (a problem which has led me to being overweight in the first place!) I was glad I did finish it as it filled me up until my next pack anyway! :D

I can't stomach the oatmeal - I tried to make it into cookies but nope, the taste of it just doesn't do it for me! lol I'm not a fan of the porridge either - shame as I love the 'real' versions of both. They are the only 2 packs I don't like though so I can live with that :)

I hated the original but love the sweet. I put an additional 3 splenda in and I'm good to go!

FWIW, I did cambridge, but couldn't stomach living on three shakes which I liked. S&S was a godsend :)

Good luck x

Nobody bite my head off for this but...

Can you add marmite to the oatmeal? :whistle:

I put a post on last week about it being like scrambled egg but thus week when i cooked it it was fine however i haven't a clue what i did differently! i def advise putting in a bit of sweetner though x

Nobody bite my head off for this but...

Can you add marmite to the oatmeal? :whistle:

I love marmite but can't imagine adding it to the oatmeal to be honest. Still, whatever floats your boat! :)

Phew! No marmite hating! I like normal porridge with marmite, I prefer it savoury rather than sweet. Hmmm I might have to get a sample...!

I assume that marmite is low in carbs but I've never looked it up. Obviously it's not 'allowed' as it isn't on the plan. But if it's low in carbs then it's your choice.

Back